How to open PDF after installing Bitdefender

Handy_Jim
Handy_Jim
edited September 16 in General Topics

I cannot open any PDF after installing Bitdefender - when I try to open a PDF it just gives me another notification of a pdf download.

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    Answer ✓

Have you tried right-clicking on the PDF file, selecting 'Open with,' and then choosing a PDF reader software installed on your system to see if it opens?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Hello.
    I promoted you to Level 2.
    You can now post screenshot(s) of the issue, so we can better understand it.
    Regards.

• Handy_Jim
    Handy_Jim
    edited September 12

Any PDF that I try to open just keep showing up as another PDF to open. This affecting any PDF that I try to open weather from a previously saved file, a new download, or even a scanned file. I never had this issue until after I installed Bitdefender!

• Hello.

This looks like a strange issue to me and TBH i've never met a user with the same issue as yours.

I think your best option is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> select your product, for example Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

@Alexandru_BD Any thoughts on the issue, buddy?

Regards.

• Hello,

This might be a long shot, but Bitdefender may have quarantined your PDF viewer or blocked certain actions. Open Bitdefender, go to the Protection section → Antivirus and check the Quarantined threats tab to see if any files related to your PDF viewer have been flagged.
    You can also add your PDF viewer to the exception list in Bitdefender. To do this:

• Open Bitdefender.
    • Go to Protection and then Advanced Threat Defense.
    • Select Settings then Manage Exceptions.
    • Add your PDF viewer .exe (such as Adobe Acrobat or another application you're using) to the exceptions list.

Let us know what worked for you.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks Flexx! That did the trick. Jim

• Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

This discussion has been closed.