Password Manager stopped loading & now will not re-install

I have been using Password Manager happily on both Firefox & Chrome for the last 10 months.

Out of the blue Password Manager stopped auto loading itself on both browsers after a laptop restart yesterday. After several attempts at refreshing both browsers I removed Password Manager from Firefox, thinking a re-install might fix the problem, but now nothing happens when I try to re-install the extension from Bitdefender Central.

My Chrome browser shows Password Manager is enabled in the extensions folder, but it will not load on startup.

Both browsers are running latest versions on my Surface Pro 9i7 Windows 11.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Answers

• Update: I have been able to find a site with previously saved passwords on Chrome and re-activated the little red security icon in the username dialogue box, so Chrome is now working again.

I am still unable to re-install Password Manager in Firefox.

• Hello.

I think that your best option is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> I don't know, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 27

Hi,

To add here, make sure that Firefox isn't set in private mode, because Password Manager does NOT work in private mode. To disable permanent private mode go to Firefox Settings → Privacy and Security, look for History and make sure it is set to 'Remember history' As a compromise, you can set it to 'Use custom settings for history' and make sure 'Always use private browsing mode' is OFF, and you should be able to set everything else as you wish.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi Gjoksi & Alexandru_BD

Thank you for your replies in the end, as I am somewhat time constrained, I elected to refresh my Firefox browser, after which I was able to re-install Password Manager and all is now working as before.