Please issue Bitdefender for Linux home users

Please Bitdefender Home User team, please re-issue a Bitdefender AV for Linux home users.

I have been working with several people this past year (12/2023), installing and fine tuning Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Zorin). (These are folks who previously used Windows and/or Macs.) And the only AV product for home user, which I've found and is still alive, and is NOT a Command line terminal scanner product, is ClamAV & Clam-TK. (TK being the UI 'version').

Other products are either on-demand CLI scanners or are for business enterprise corporate 'Endpoint' situations. (As ESET, Kaspersky, Sophos, Mcafee, Avast, AVG, TrendMicro, etc.)

I would love to have a Bitdefender for Linux home users. I've used and trusted Bitdefender for Windows PCs for years (decades). It would not even have to be free AV, just reasonably priced for the home user (& not a business end-point product).

Thank you.

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited April 10

The new update to this post: I got in touch with the Bitdefender support, who further got in touch with Bitdefender developers, and below is what they currently think about Linux antimalware for home users.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi,

I second this request.

I would defiantly like to see bitdefender being supported on Linux, I'm planning to eventually switch to Linux because of Microsoft recall in windows 11 and Microsoft insisting that you use a Microsoft account instead of a local account. At the moment this can still be bypassed but for how long until Microsoft closes all the workarounds.

Having bitdefender antivirus with firewall or at least the bitdefender firewall be able to be installed on Linux would defiantly make me switch to Linux now.

• Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security