Why is my Wifi disconnecting?

I hava a problem using Bitdefender VPN.

When I don’t use the phone, when it is locked, the WiFi communication is broken but when I am using the phone WiFi and VPN work.

please help

Answers

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭
    edited October 14

Hi @Dbase22

It could be caused by a variety of reasons, it could be that your connection to the VPN server is to slow (to high latency), try connecting to a VPN server that's closer to your current location.

Try switching to a different VPN protocol for example switch to the openVPN TCP protocol as this protocol is more stable.

Try turning your modem/router off for about ten minutes and then turn your modem/router back on, this sometimes fixes connection issues with devices.

Try updating your router or access points firmware.

It could be that your ISP is blocking the VPN, if this is the case you can try using a VPN that offers obfuscated servers like expressvpn.

Make sure the VPN app is completely whitelisted in your security applications.

Are you using the free or premium version of the bitdefender VPN? If you only use the free version it could be simply that you have reached the daily limit which is set to 200Mb.

Make sure that your power saving settings are disabled and clear your vpn's cache.

You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the VPN app, maybe you've got a corrupt installation.

If nothing else works try to reset your phone's network settings.

• I am using a premium one year licensed Bitdefender VPN on my Iphone.
    I don't see any openVPN TCP protocol, just automatic, hydra, ipsec and wireguard.

Seems like the VPN app isn't working very well on my Iphone because of that multiple WiFi disconnecting due the Iphones idle status. I also notice that the 4G mobile networks works well.

I hope I will get a guideline how to fix this. Will try some of your advices. Thanks.