Ping Problem

After installing BD TS 2011 my ping rised up. Before updating (from 2010) everything was normal. The ping was around 2-10 ms. When Antivirus module is working (AVC and IDS are enabled) the ping rise up to 500-800 ms and pages don't load. I tried almost everything. I started with resetting my router - no result. After this disabling almost everything it BD and when I stop the antivirus module, everything comes normal. Why? And how can I fix it?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2010

Hello,

Please open BitDefender and make sure you have the GUI set to 'Expert View' from the Options button. Go to Antivirus tab and click on the 'Custom Level' button. Disable first the IDS and let me know if the issue persist. Then re-enable the AVC and see if the issue still occurs. In other words please test with each of the two enabled and having the other one disabled to see if the issue persist.

You mentioned pages not being loaded. What browser are you using ? What message is displayed on the page ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• Opera 10.61 on Windows 7 Ultimate x32: Could not locate remote server

Disabling IDS.

• Unknown
    edited August 2010

Hello,

I have analyze the logs you provided me with and I came to the following conclusions:

- you are also using MalwareBytes and have its Windows Service enabled along with the Real Time protection. That makes it impossible for BitDefender to correctly install

- you have installed BitDefender Total Security 2011 twice, as I could see in the list of programs you currently have installed on your computer

The resolution to the issue you are facing is to remove MalwareBytes, restart the computer then uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2011 from Start menu button -> Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove and select the option remove.

As I have noticed that you are also using CCleaner please run a Registry Cleanup follow by a Temporary files cleaner (the brush icon in CCleaner). Remove all entries found then restart the computer.

Last but not please download the installation kit depending on the PC architecture:

- for 32bits download THIS file

- for 64bits download THIS file.

Important: when saving the installation kit make sure you choose the option Save and not Open. When the download is complete you can open the file and start the installation process.

Please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

• I uninsatlled Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, restarted. Then BDTS 2011, restart again. Cleaned the PC and registry with CCleaner and Advanced System Optimizer. I installed BDTS 2011 again and the issue has not been resolved. The ping is 150, 200ms and still have these GUI "bugs" + in "Virus Scan" tab the "User Defined Tasks" and "Misc Tasks" are empty.

• stilianm
    edited August 2010

PS: After restarting everything comes normal. The "User Defined Tasks" and "Misc Tasks" appeared. And ping is now 5ms. Thanks a lot for help. :rolleyes:

• Always a pleasure to help. Feel free to contact me with any further queries you may have.

Yours,

This discussion has been closed.