Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Upgrade From 2010

Options

I tried to upgrade from 2010, but when I register my key and my user name, it said the key is only valid for 30 days trial even though I have 850 days left. When I go to Activate Product, it said "Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected." I tried all sort of method such as disabling the firewall and etc, but no hope.

Comments

• Hello polke45,

Have you used our uninstall tool to completely remove the previous version ?

• polke45
    edited August 2010
    Options

no, but I just used it and turns out that the computer is still register 2011 as installed. Now, I can't reinstall 2011.

edit: never mind, i found it from previous post

• polke45
    edited August 2010
    Options

I just uninstall using both 2010 and 2011 tool, but the problem of being unable to register still occurs. Also, when I install 2011, a pop-up screen said installation failed pops up several times, but it still installed the software.

• Hi Polke,

Can you please provide me with more details and the error message you receive when you try to register BitDefender ? The screen that pop-up during installation was due to the fact that you haven't removed the old BitDefender completely.

- what BitDefender product are you trying to install ?

- what Operating System are you using ?

- what computer architecture are you using ? (32bits or 64bits computer)

- a screenshot of the error you may receive when registering BitDefender

Looking forward to your answer!

• Same Problem

• Hello polke45,

Have you used our uninstall tool to completely remove the previous version ?

That's the way I did it (used the 2010 uninstall tool) on my 2 PCs and I had no trouble registering the 2011 version on either machine.

• i am trying to install Internet Security 2011 in Windows 7 Professional 32 bits.

I just reinstalled 2010 and uninstalled using the tool and turns out that 2011 installed smoothly with no error; however, I still can't get it to register

post-29408-1282414220_thumb.jpg

• nikki605
    edited August 2010
    Options

On both PCs, I clicked on the Registration tab, then the Register Now button, manually typed in my license key and clicked on the Register Now button. Both registrations came back successfully after online verification with the BD server which only took a few seconds each.

EDIT: The one difference I do see is that I already had an account set up with my user information previously filled in.

• I can understand that if there are some old files preventing me from connecting to the internet; however, I can't register right before I install the program.

• I can understand that if there are some old files preventing me from connecting to the internet; however, I can't register right before I install the program.

Do you mean you can't sign up (register) for an account on the BD website? Because obviously you can't register the program until its installed.

• I tried to upgrade from 2010, but when I register my key and my user name, it said the key is only valid for 30 days trial even though I have 850 days left. When I go to Activate Product, it said "Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected." I tried all sort of method such as disabling the firewall and etc, but no hope.

Same problem here, but solved. Removed 2010 version. Installed 2011 version. Register didnt work, because it was already available. activation didn't work, because no internet connection. www and email did however work. Than shut down computer. After restarten, cleaned windows register with tuneup 2010 software, in register some references to 2010 version were removed, than again activating still didn;t work. Again computer shut off, restarted and than opened dashboard and yes software was activated.

• Hello everyone,

First of all please allow me to remind you and to ask you not to post different issues or queries in the same topic as it may confuse both me and the others posting in that topic. There is a registration issue topic HERE

This topic was started to deal with issues related to the upgrade process from a previous version to 2011.

This topic is closed. For any further assistance please create a topic after you check our forums for any existing topics dealing with the issue you are facing. Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.