Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]2011 Bitdefender - Windows Firewall

Options

We just installed 2011 BD Trial and were advised to disable the Windows Firewall prior to installing. Now that we are complete, should we re-activate Windows Firewall?

Thank you!

Comments

• stevenomes
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We just installed 2011 BD Trial and were advised to disable the Windows Firewall prior to installing. Now that we are complete, should we re-activate Windows Firewall?

Thank you!

That depends what version of BD you are using. If you have internet security or total security, no need to re-activate the firewall. If you just have the antivirus then you should reactivate windows firewall or whatever program you are using.

• I've installed BD AntiVirus 2011 (which does not have its own firewall) on my 2 PCs and yes, after installation completed, I turned on the Windows Firewall.

• Hello,

The option to disable Windows Firewall at the installation of BitDefender Antivirus Pro is optional. You can decide if you wish to have it enabled or not. The product itself does not contain a stand-alone Firewall module so I would recommend you to disable the Windows Firewall at installation then, after the first computer restart, to re-enable it from Windows Control Panel -> Security Center.

Regards,