Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Problems With Microsoft Office, Esp Outlook

Options

Hi

I have posted a similar problem previously when I was using 'BitDdefender Total Security 2010' and the problem has reoccured upon installation of 2011.

My previous post

I have Windows XP SP3 and as stated previously currently running 'BD Totals Security 2011' and 'Microsoft Office 2007.

When I first installed 'BD TS 2011', 'Microsoft Office' worked fine. On the second day (after a restart), I could not run most 'Microsoft' products, but especially 'Outlook'. To remedy this, under Antivirus>Shield>Advance Settings, I have excluded all .exe files from the 'office12' folder in 'Microsoft Office'. This allowed me to use all 'Microsoft Office' products without any problem for a very short time.

Unfortunately today, 'Microsoft Outlook' will not work without placing 'BD TS 2011' in 'Game mode'. If you do not activate 'BD TS 2011' in 'Game Mode', it comes up with a pop up error message 'Send error to Microsoft' (the stand Microsoft error message asking you if you wish to send the error to 'Microsoft') and another that asked to open 'Outlook' in 'safe mode'. If "games Mode' isn't selected, no matter what choice you make, it loops between the error message and request to open in safe. Sometimes Outlook opens with a blank page.

When Game mode isn't selected, if I open Task manager> processes, when trying to open 'Outlook', 'Outlook.exe' runs and appears a number of times.

I also have problems with antiphishing slowing my PC but I will post more about that in the appropriate thread.

Any help, please?

Comments

• Hi Oracle,

Please tell me if you have both AVC and IDS enabled under Antivirus -> Advanced Settings and also mention the slider level for both features.

• Hi DanyDan

I have AVC and IDC activated slider level at the highest for both (ie critical).

I also received your email and will complete the tasks in the morning as it is nearly 1 am here.

Cheers

Oracle

• Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Please set them to the lowest level and test if the issue still persist.

A second test would be to disable EACH of the two modules (AVC and IDS) and each time test to see if the issue persist.

test 1: AVC enabled and IDS disabled

test 2: IDS enabled and AVC disabled

Please tell me when the issue reproduce. I kindly ask you to read the information below and follow the instructions. First of all, please display the hidden files or folders.

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

After this go to the following locations and send us the files from:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace

Archive both folders and send me the download link for that archive. I will add it to the information requested via email and I'll send them to the lab.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi DanyDan,

Thanks for your reply.

What a humorous morning- Outlook worked this morning without a problem and without needing Game Mode so I couldn't test your suggestions authentically.

I will wait and see what happens and will post a reply when the problem replicates itself.

Again, thanks for your assistance and quick response.

• Hi,

A similar issue was already escalated for resolution to the Developing team so I believe the issue you are facing was also resolved with the release for that one.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact me anytime!

Case resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.