Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Services Not Responding... Product Never Works

Options

Bitdefender's Processes Never Respond The Grey Icon Shows... Im Using Windows 7 X64

Comments

• Bitdefender's Processes Never Respond The Grey Icon Shows... Im Using Windows 7 X64

LOL this is still happening in the new version? This was a major show stopper in 2010 and you would think BD would have spent all their resources to correct the issue. I've experienced it multiple times already and have only just installed 2011. Luckily only 25 days left on my license.

• Bitdefender's Processes Never Respond The Grey Icon Shows... Im Using Windows 7 X64

Confirming the same issue for Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 32 bit. I'm running it on a Windows 7 32-bit laptop and it's worrisome.

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello,

@Rodman55: what BitDefender product and version are you using ?

@stevenomes: the issue was resolved with the 2011 version, so far we had no reports of the issue re-occurring on the 2011 version.

@azneita: please provide me with a screenshot of the 'Services not responding' message. You are the first one reporting this issue. Also follow the steps below, upload the results of the analysis HERE then send me a PM with the download link.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer / disable the Wireless network

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Send us in reply to this email the file created.

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format then attach it as a reply in this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Just bought it yesterday, installed it and its fine. Turned off computer and I went away. Turned computer back on, booted windows and its now saying it cant connect to the BitDefender service. Help. Windows 7 x64 pro.

• Hi Mazzy2u,

Please follow the steps HERE and send me the download link via PM (private message) so we can further investigate.

Regards,

• Hi Mazzy2u,

Please follow the steps HERE and send me the download link via PM (private message) so we can further investigate.

Regards,

Sent

• Hi Rodney,

The analysis is complete. You have the steps you need to take to resolve the issue you are facing in your email. Please confirm via email if the issue was resolved.

Regards,

• Hi Mazzy2u,

Regards,

I sent a PM but I am not sure if you got it.

• I sent a PM but I am not sure if you got it.

Hello,

Yes I do receive the PM with the download link and the analysis results were sent to your email address.

Regards,

• Hi i've been using bitdefender from past 3 years and i saw 2011 i uninstalled 2010 and reinstalled 2011 and guess what? ... its terrible... i don't know what to say... it has hardly worked... always the services are not available and the icon is grayed... I've attached the screen shot...

please do some thing...

post-36097-1282393685_thumb.png

• Hello,

Yes I do receive the PM with the download link and the analysis results were sent to your email address.

Regards,

I still haven't received the email yet.

• Hey whats happening? no response... this is the third day am using computer without security!!!

Services are still not available and the icon is still grayed...

please do something...

• Hi Neo,

Please check THIS

post.

• DanyDan i tried to submit the file however the file just never actually uploads the page just refreshes

• Hey

I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011

I've included a new screen shot and the report that you wanted.

It is not working at all... please help

Hey... see this it says i am not permitted to upload this type of file... huh!!!

this is the report you want it is in zip format!!!

suggest me a new method of sending the file...

post-36097-1282550453_thumb.jpg

post-36097-1282550919_thumb.jpg

• Problem has persisted through BDIS 2010 and BDIS 2011 upgrade. I've followed all steps requested (i.e. start in safe mode, run diagnostic, send files, etc. ad nausem). While I usually LOVE to spend all of this time for a service that is paid for, today I'm not feeling the love. I googled the phrase Bitdefender services unavailable and see that you've been experiencing this problem since at least Nov. of 2009. What's the deal? I'm going to uninstall bdis - its doing me no good, and costing me many hours of productivity. Fortunately I did not pay for this, it was bundled with my new computer - so I don't need a refund. But, I am contacting Sandia Computers, Albuquerque, NM to let them know that their reputation is being sullied by BitDefender. No, I'm not going to post all of my info here, you (at BDIS) have received it numerous times in the past few weeks already.

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!

• Hi,

Labyrinth: Have you received my email at your email xxx@@bethere.co.uk ? Your ticket ID is 201008201015172. Please generate the requested log files and send me the file as a reply to my email.

Neo: I have also created a ticket in response to your query. Check your RocketMail email and send me the requested log files. Also please look at the scan and tell me if the scanning process is always giving that error on the same file. If not, try to reproduce the steps you take until that error occurs.

I do believe that you haven't made the upgrade correctly and there are still files left from the previous installation of the 2010 version that prevent the 2011 from running correctly.

Regards,

• Hey i uninstalled BD2010 completely and also deleted the files and folders by searching for them!!! i restarted the computer and then installed BD 2011...

Anyways i'll mail you the files that you need.

Hi,

Labyrinth: Have you received my email at your email xxx@@bethere.co.uk ? Your ticket ID is 201008201015172. Please generate the requested log files and send me the file as a reply to my email.

Neo: I have also created a ticket in response to your query. Check your RocketMail email and send me the requested log files. Also please look at the scan and tell me if the scanning process is always giving that error on the same file. If not, try to reproduce the steps you take until that error occurs.

I do believe that you haven't made the upgrade correctly and there are still files left from the previous installation of the 2010 version that prevent the 2011 from running correctly.

Regards,

• Hey i uninstalled BD2010 completely and also deleted the files and folders by searching for them!!! i restarted the computer and then installed BD 2011...

and by the way this is another error msg!!!

this was soon after the system started.

Hi,

Regards,

post-36097-1282580744_thumb.jpg

• I still haven't received the email yet.

OK, this is getting annoying. I have NOT received my email, IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. Any idea if and when you will provide a solution for this? I think I am entitled to some customer service. This is the first BD product I have used and if this is the best you can come up with, I want a refund.

• My thing is, if there is an issue that happens consistently, and you solve it for one person, why not post the steps used to fix it? Sure all situations are different and it might now work for everyone but at least it will give people a glimmer of hope that people have had some success with different solutions in the past.

The vsserv.exe not responding issue has been going on for at least a year. And from what I have seen, not too many people have had any success in correcting it. I was able to limit mine by uninstalling BD with the uninstall tool, uninstall other security solutions, restart, use registry cleaner to wipe away any registry errors from these deletions, reinstall BD and turn auto update to every 4 hours or manual. This will limit the not responding issues, but they will not go away forever.

Hope it helps.

• Hey I have attached the result of supporttool.exe... please do something

its very difficult for me to use computer online without any security...

and no one can understand this batter than you...

Hey i uninstalled BD2010 completely and also deleted the files and folders by searching for them!!! i restarted the computer and then installed BD 2011...

and by the way this is another error msg!!!

this was soon after the system started.

• Hi Neo,

If you still haven't received the email - have sent it three times - means that your ISP is blocking it. Follow the steps below, upload the results and send me a download link via PM.

Stevenomes: The reason why I do not post possible resolution is due to the fact that most of the users are not reading the issue and all the posted comments, they rush into trying any possible resolution they could find. That is leaving me with very few options into analyzing and finding a resolution to the issue. Furthermore in most of the cases (I would say more than 75%) the Services are not responding issue is due to one or even more security solutions installed on the same computer.

Even with the risk of repeating myself, having two or more security solutions installed on the same computer may results in having all these solutions not working properly, including BitDefender.

The Support Tool is the first step in starting the analysis on a case and the SOP (standard operating procedure).

We had several reports of 'Services are not responding' issue however, so far, all of them were resolved with a computer clean-up and a correct reinstall of BitDefender.

• Hey Dan.... which mail???

i got the mail and i even sent the reply the tool and I've mentioned it on the forum...

now am waiting for you to analyze it and reply back to me ASAP...

Hi Neo,

If you still haven't received the email - have sent it three times - means that your ISP is blocking it. Follow the steps below, upload the results and send me a download link via PM.

Stevenomes: The reason why I do not post possible resolution is due to the fact that most of the users are not reading the issue and all the posted comments, they rush into trying any possible resolution they could find. That is leaving me with very few options into analyzing and finding a resolution to the issue. Furthermore in most of the cases (I would say more than 75%) the Services are not responding issue is due to one or even more security solutions installed on the same computer.

Even with the risk of repeating myself, having two or more security solutions installed on the same computer may results in having all these solutions not working properly, including BitDefender.

The Support Tool is the first step in starting the analysis on a case and the SOP (standard operating procedure).

We had several reports of 'Services are not responding' issue however, so far, all of them were resolved with a computer clean-up and a correct reinstall of BitDefender.

• OK, thats it. I have had enough. I have had no email. I have had to buy and install something else THAT WORKS. You can take your crap software and shove it.

• Hello,

Neo: the analysis is complete and the results were sent to your email. The issue is caused by a filter running on your computer along with BitDefender, filter belonging to Windows Live Family Safety. You will need to remove Windows Live Family Safety from your computer then correctly re-install BitDefender.

mazzy2u: your request is currently being process. You will be informed via email (mazzy****@gmail.com) as soon as the process will be complete.

Regards,

• WWJDD
    Options

Purchased 2011 yesterday and installed it last night. Was able to install; however, once I tried to register I was repeatedly given an error saying it had timed out because there was no internet connection. I was connected through a wireless network and online. After spending a couple hours trying to determine the issue I submitted a support request.

Nothing is more frustrating than purchasing a broken product! I will wait patiently for a method to fix this issue and if it still does not work I have no issue posting on every single review website my issues with this product. It should not be this difficult to install and or register...

• Hello,

I am using bitdefender for last 3-4 years. recently I uninstalled my bitdefender ts2010 and installed Bitdefender 2011 Total security(http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/x64/) in my system(win-7,64bit). After installation no services of bitdefender is not working.....Antivirus,Antifishing,firewall etc...only update is working fine.But I also not being able to activate the pdt as it says no internet connection is detected, though it is updating in regular interval.

when I tried to enable firewall manually it gives error message: "failed to communicate with bitdefender security service".In expert view in general/dashboard under security status section it is showing that "status unavailable (all security status alerts are disabled!)".

It is a black icon now nothing works. I didnt face such a horrible condition with bitdefender before.

please give me some solution. I have followed the procedure mentioned by you and have executed support tools and sending the file obtained to you. please confirm it wheather you recieved the PM or not.

I also have attached few screenshots please check.

Anirban

post-28739-1282900756_thumb.jpg

post-28739-1282900768_thumb.jpg

post-28739-1282900783_thumb.jpg

post-28739-1282900790_thumb.jpg

post-28739-1282900800_thumb.jpg

post-28739-1282901116_thumb.jpg

• Think i found the reason it stops responding

If you using full screen gaming mode but also have a .exe added in the game list exiting the game will cause bitdefender to crash

So if you have say game.exe in the games list which turns on game mode but also you have the fullscreen mode turned on then soon as you exit the game the bitdefender will hang with the (G) symbol then turn grey, i solved this by removing the full screen tick box in the gaming mode however you are required to manually add each .exe to the game list yourself

• game mode is turned off.....it is not for game mode I think.

you can check the screenshot attached herewith.

still no reply from bitdefender professionals, it is frustrating. so please take care of the issue.

thanking you.

post-28739-1283000207_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Sorry for my late response, it was my birthday on Friday and I was off for 2 days :) The issue you encounter was escalated and now resolved with an earlier product update. Please repair BitDefender then update it and the issue should be resolved.

To repair BitDefender follow the steps below:

- Click on the Start menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Choose the option 'Repair'

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

If you need any further assistance please let me know!

Regards,

• Hello,

Sorry for my late response, it was my birthday on Friday and I was off for 2 days :) The issue you encounter was escalated and now resolved with an earlier product update. Please repair BitDefender then update it and the issue should be resolved.

To repair BitDefender follow the steps below:

- Click on the Start menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Choose the option 'Repair'

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

If you need any further assistance please let me know!

Regards,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I tried to do repair it (control panel/bitdefender/repair or remove). it is telling that 'the installer has nsufficient privileges to modify this file: .....'. I have attached a screen shot containing that message. I have tried it several times but failed. please help.

post-28739-1283151578_thumb.jpg

post-28739-1283151587_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable your Wireless Adapter, if you are connected to a wireless network.

3. Browse to:

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator"

5. Check the box to "Agree and allow BitDefender to gather related information from your computer" and click on the Next button

6. In the next window enter your email address, select the problem type and enter a description of the issue you encounter

7. Check the box next to "Try to reproduce the problem before submitting" and hit the Next button

8. Choose the issue type and again hit Next

9. When asking to enable additional logging (a pop-up message will appear when you click on the Next button at step 8) please save all open Documents and hit the Yes button to restart the PC

10. After the restart, a new window will pop-up where you will be asked to reproduce the issue you encounter. If you have already done that please check the box next to "I have reproduced the issue" and hit the Next button

11. Wait for the tool to generate the logs then click on Finish. You will be asked to restart the PC again to disable the logging options of BitDefender.

12. After restart look on your Desktop for the created SupportTool file. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

13. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

14. Send us in reply to this email the file created.

15. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail) and attach it to the reply to this email.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Regards,

• Dan,

I did everything in this step and the response I received back was just plain ignorant. Here is my support ticket #201008301014511. I also sent you a private message with the ticket # as well. Support told me to uninstall and reinstall 2011 which is just not going to work. I have also included the screen shots of the problems.

Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable your Wireless Adapter, if you are connected to a wireless network.

3. Browse to:

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator"

5. Check the box to "Agree and allow BitDefender to gather related information from your computer" and click on the Next button

6. In the next window enter your email address, select the problem type and enter a description of the issue you encounter

7. Check the box next to "Try to reproduce the problem before submitting" and hit the Next button

9. When asking to enable additional logging (a pop-up message will appear when you click on the Next button at step 8) please save all open Documents and hit the Yes button to restart the PC

10. After the restart, a new window will pop-up where you will be asked to reproduce the issue you encounter. If you have already done that please check the box next to "I have reproduced the issue" and hit the Next button

11. Wait for the tool to generate the logs then click on Finish. You will be asked to restart the PC again to disable the logging options of BitDefender.

12. After restart look on your Desktop for the created SupportTool file. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

13. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

15. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail) and attach it to the reply to this email.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Regards,

post-17329-1283204569_thumb.jpg

post-17329-1283204578_thumb.jpg

post-17329-1283204586_thumb.jpg

post-17329-1283204594_thumb.jpg

• Dan,

I did everything in this step and the response I received back was just plain ignorant. Here is my support ticket #201008301014511. I also sent you a private message with the ticket # as well. Support told me to uninstall and reinstall 2011 which is just not going to work. I have also included the screen shots of the problems.

This issue is ridiculous. It has been going on for over a year now (check 2010 threads). This is also linked to computer slowdown as I've noticed many times right after the services stop responding computer goes into massive slowdown mode. Ever since I deleted BD my computer is running like new again. I am sad to say that BD was the cause of the slowdown problems and that services not responding issue is seriously hindering the performance of the product.

• Hello,

3. Browse to:

Regards,

HELLO DAN,

I HAD ALREADY FOLLOWED THESE STEPS AND SENT A PM TO YOU.

AGAIN I FOLLOWED THE STEPS AND THE RESULT OBTAINED IS UPLOADED IN http://www.sendspace.com/file/ics44y

THE SCREEN SHOTS ARE UPLOADED IN MY PREVIOUS 2 POST IN THE SAME THREAD.http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20581&view=findpost&p=90334 & http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ost&p=90334.

eagerly waiting for your reply.

• Hello Anirban,

Please uninstall the following software from your computer:

- jv16 PowerTools 2010

The reason why you received the error message is because BitDefender was not correctly installed due to the above mention software. You only had the firewall driver installed, the other drivers were not loaded. Regarding the error message at repair is because of the same reason. I would recommend you to perform a re-install after you uninstall jv16 Powertool and restart your computer.

After the PC restarted make sure you clean the Windows registry and all temporary files stored on your PC. To do that you can use a freeware software such as CCleaner or Argente.

The steps you need to follow in order to correctly reinstall BitDefender were sent to your GMail email address. The ticket ID assigned to you is: 201008311010038

Kind regards,

• Hi Jon,

The reason why I sent you that email was because I needed the logs from you in order to better understand the situation. I am sorry that you found my email ignorant, that was not my intention. I am still waiting for the requested log files. You do not have to upload the file anywhere, you just attach it as a reply to the message you received from me earlier today.

Last but not least you can find the Total Security 2011 listed under the Contact Us after you login in My Account as shown in the attached screenshot.

post-20064-1283257154_thumb.png

• Daniel,

My sincerest apology! I did not mean that you were ignorant as I feel that you are one of the few persons that are trying to address the issue that seems to be prevalent here. I was replying to the very first response that I received from the initial request for support from BitDefender after I thought that everything was clear that I sent in. I did not mean to offend you personally and I trust what you say regarding a fix for my problem.

With that said, I do feel it would be to BitDefender's benefit to provide a better way to attach multiple files or screen shots via the BitDefender website itself. In addition when you request contact with tech support, there is no selection for BitDefender Total Internet Security 2011 only the previous versions.

As soon as I send this response, I will resend my email and I hope you will be the one to evaluate my issue as I value your judgement.

Thanks!

Jon

Hi Jon,

The reason why I sent you that email was because I needed the logs from you in order to better understand the situation. I am sorry that you found my email ignorant, that was not my intention. I am still waiting for the requested log files. You do not have to upload the file anywhere, you just attach it as a reply to the message you received from me earlier today.

Last but not least you can find the Total Security 2011 listed under the Contact Us after you login in My Account as shown in the attached screenshot.

• Hey Jon,

Got your last email with the logs. Thank you! I will analyze them and you'll have my answer in the next few hours.

Yours,

• Hello DA

Hello Anirban,

Please uninstall the following software from your computer:

- jv16 PowerTools 2010

The reason why you received the error message is because BitDefender was not correctly installed due to the above mention software. You only had the firewall driver installed, the other drivers were not loaded. Regarding the error message at repair is because of the same reason. I would recommend you to perform a re-install after you uninstall jv16 Powertool and restart your computer.

After the PC restarted make sure you clean the Windows registry and all temporary files stored on your PC. To do that you can use a freeware software such as CCleaner or Argente.

The steps you need to follow in order to correctly reinstall BitDefender were sent to your GMail email address. The ticket ID assigned to you is: 201008311010038

Kind regards,

Hello DANYDAN,

I have followed the steps described by you in your reply in gmail. But still no improvement. Same thing happening again also. Nothing is working. I should not be because of jv16 Powertool because I installed that tool to clean registry only 1 day back. before installing that tool also same thing was happening. even when I tested Beta pdt of bitdefender total security 2011 I got the same problem. I reported that time only in beta center. I have tried to instal bitdefender 2011 in my system for more than 10 times. but I have not succeded even for a single case. everytime same situation.

I am sending you the newly created log files using supporttool.exe ,following the steps in your post, after the uninstallation of jv powertool-cleaning by cccleaner-and installation of bdts 2011. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7sgs3gydrpo5xqc

• Hi,

Please check your email. You have my answer on how to further investigate and try to resolve this issue together, I will assist you in checking the installation and find a resolution for it.

Regards,

• Hi,

Please check your email. You have my answer on how to further investigate and try to resolve this issue together, I will assist you in checking the installation and find a resolution for it.

Regards,

I have agreed and sent you a reply, containing all the information you wanted to know

regards

Anirban

• Hey Dan thanks for your reply... sorry that i could not get back to you with feed back as i was on emergency leave for a week...

i uninstalled Windows family and safety stuff and re-installed bitdefender too and thank God its WORKING...

BUT....

A now its showing a new problem "Real-time Protection is Disabled"....

and it suggests me to fix it... when i click fix it says "failed" am attaching the screen shot....

I've restarted the system I've updated it and no success...

Dan do something....

the REAL TIME PROTECTION IS DISABLE!!!

Another problem is the update every day it downloads in excess of 100MB as update... i don't understand this...

whats happening... everyday more than 100MB of updates!!! i don't thing it is necessary unless and until you bring in major changes to your product everyday!!!

post-36097-1283505122_thumb.jpg

• Hi Neo,

Email sent. Please check your inbox and provide me with the requested info so we can start the troubleshooting.

Regards,

• Daniel,

I have had over the past several weeks over 20 occasions (according to my Event history) where the vsserve.exe failed to respond. I have sent at least 2 support tool data files to your support and have had a couple of emails back asking for further info, but have heard nothing further. I am now getting this problem several times a day which is frustrating.

On top of this problem I am also experiencing an issue where BD is preventing Windows from loading. It sits on the welcome splash page for up to 30 mins. Yesterday I had to reboot at least 12 times before I found the cause of the problem. By running msconfig on selective startup and by a process of elimination I found that it is BD that was the problem. (This has been raised in another message)

Until both above issues can be resolved I have uninstalled BD 2011 and tried to re-install BD 2010 only to find that my original key is invalid and the replacement key will not work. If you recall I had an issue over file vault missing in BDIS 2011 so you kindly provided a solution with the upgrade key. Now I have to use Windows Firewall and Essentials until you can either re-validate my original key or preferably get BDTS 2011 to function correctly and reliably.

Russell

:wacko:

• H Russell,

You can install BitDefender Total Security 2011. However I will like to assist you on this one. Please check your email for further instructions. Your ticket ID is: 201008301006443.

Kind regards,

• I'd like to toss in my own monkey wrench in the works problem.

I was advised to upgrade to 2011 because I had this problem on 2010 Well it's followed. I did a couple of the basics already a repair and a complete uninstall/reinstall. No luck. I usually get several errors messages 2 of which I have screen shots of.

1. I get an error that my license key is invalid that usually corrects itself when I just hit finish on the error page to enter a key. Sometimes though it won't show up till a reboot. Just took a screen shot of the current error. Yesterday I had a valid license with about 581 days left.

2. The vsserv.exe crashes.

Most of the time though I don't even get an error message I just look down and my icon has turned gray and the notice message of Services are not responding.

I have the a zip file i can provide from the supporttools.exe instructions but it won't let me upload it. So where should that be sent?

Thanks for any help yall can offer.

post-6889-1285236804_thumb.png

post-6889-1285236884_thumb.png

post-6889-1285236920_thumb.png

• Hi Kilroy238,

Please right click on BitDefender icon next to your computer's clock and select Update Now. Wait for the process to complete then restart the PC. The issue you encounter has been resolved and an update was released to fix it.

If you encounter any error with the update process please provide me with:

- a screenshot of the error message

- a screenshot of the Update module in Expert View (you can change it from the Options button in BitDefender Security Center)

Please confirm that the issue has been resolved via a PM (private message). I have also created a ticket and sent you instructions via email. Follow the enclosed steps only if the issue was not resolved after update or the update was unsuccessful.

Your ticket ID is: 201009231007204

Considering the fact that people are posting in this topic regardless of the issue they need help with, this topic is now closed. For any further queries please feel free to create a new topic.

This discussion has been closed.