Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full Scan Running On Its Own

Options

Okay another little quirk has raised it's head in BDTS 2011 ,, i've got full virus scan set to run every three days as seen in the screen shot attached , but it seems to be running on its own schedule , sometimes up to three times a day as seen in the other screenshot.

Plus it takes a lot to stop the scan as well ,, if you click on the stop it comes up with the acknowledgment box , i click yes and yet the program still stays on screen ,, not scanning , but still counting the time ,, it will stay up like that for quite some time ,, if you click the stop button again , you'll get the box , but the scan won't disappear ,, it takes sometime ,, up to 5 or more minutes for the screen to actually change to the finish screen ,, during that time it slows down the whole computer as well.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening??

Gord

post-28794-1283640771_thumb.jpgpost-28794-1283640784_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Check the General-->Optimization tab to see if the box is checked to run a scan when the system is idle.

Here is a screenshot. I unchecked that option on my PCs.

post-35640-1283648345_thumb.jpg

• gordow
    Options
    Check the General-->Optimization tab to see if the box is checked to run a scan when the system is idle.

Here is a screenshot. I unchecked that option on my PCs.

post-35640-1283648345_thumb.jpg

In BD Total Security 2011 , this option doesn't show up on the general settings tab.

• Well, I took a stab at it. :( One of the BD folks will probably have to help you.

Sorry,

Gary

• Hi Gord,

You can find that option if you open BitDefender and go to: Tune-Up -> Optimization. If the option is already unchecked please let me know.

Regards,

• Different product, different GUI. Oh well, I tried. :rolleyes:

• gordow
    Options
    Different product, different GUI. Oh well, I tried. :rolleyes:

Thanks for trying though ,,

• gordow
    Options
    Hi Gord,

You can find that option if you open BitDefender and go to: Tune-Up -> Optimization. If the option is already unchecked please let me know.

Regards,

Found it Dan and unchecked it ,, thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Gord

• Hey Gord,

Glad to see everything is OK. Feel free to create a new topic for any further queries you may have.

Also I encourage you to use the Topic rates we enabled to help us easier find top priorities and the hottest topics. You can find the rating on the top of the page, near the first post.

Yours,