Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Invalid License Warning At Startup

Options
andrejl2
edited September 2010 in Old topics

hi. after an update this evening, which required reboot, i have this weird pop up showing always at win startup... it says i have an invalid license key (altough in bitdefender/registration it's all OK - i still have 320+ days remaining on my key)...

so i'm asking if anyone has the same problem, which is ofcourse very annoying...

any ideas how to fix this?

regards

andrej

post-36673-1284154230_thumb.png

Comments

• I also have the same thing. I uninstalled BDIS 2010 and did a clean install of BDIS 2011 and everything went good on the installation except for the reboot which I did twice just to make sure. I got the same exact splash screen as the above poster. It says I have a valid license for 728 days (2 year key) but it tells me below that I am using an invalid key. It's the same EXACT splash screen as the above poster so I'm not going to bother adding the screenshot. What gives on this ? Are we supposed to get a different key when we upgrade? I was told it was free so that's what I did and now I got this Pain in the ___. How about some help for me and my friend above Bit Defender.

• I just started getting the same thing today after the latest update (also today). I've attached the update information.

post-30819-1284164206_thumb.jpg

• I have on one of my laptops too, right after a reboot after updating

• Please add me to the list of invalid license key annoying message recipients. Is there anyone out there from Bitdefender watching?

We get two messages which come up every time we reboot yet the program is running happily in the background with its new extended expiratory date.

taroona

• the same as me ... I'm getting this warning too. I think that it's because one of the bitdefender updates. Please fix it

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello all,

The BitDefender team has acknowledged this situation and is currently investigating the issue.

From what we could determine, the software is fully functional and properly registered. In order to further investigate why you are receiving the pop-up window, I will send you PMs requesting additional information.

Please do not post your license keys on the forum. If anyone else is facing this issue, post or contact me via PM.

On behalf of the BitDefender team, your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are sorry for any inconvenience this might of caused.

• web dougy
    edited September 2010
    Options

geez what happened to my bitdefender, very annoying im using internet security 2011 i just updated and all of the sudden this popup comes up...... help!

post-36183-1284190362_thumb.jpg

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

The software itself is functioning properly. I would recommend first updating BitDefender and then check if issue persists at the following system restart.

You can contact me via PM with the following information:

1. The product type and build version (can be found by right clicking on the BitDefender icon from the system tray -> About)

2. Windows O.S. (32/64bit)

3. The registered license key (select License Info from the bottom part of the BitDefender window)

4. E-mail address so that we can contact you, if needed.

• on the 2 machines that i have installed 2011, on reboot after their last bitdefender updates, it now gives me the message as described above. when i click on "already have a license key?", it then displays the registration screen showing that i have a full and valid license. i suspect that it is more of a general problem than a specific one, as one of my machines has XP SP3 and the other is Vista.

Regards

Les

• people lets just wait no need to panic that much since all system is working fine its just that the warning popups, like the tech guy said its working good just the annoying popup :)

• Hello everyone,

Allow me to remind you that we are already aware of this issue and we are currently working on a fix for it. Keep in mind that everything is working properly on your computer regarding BitDefender. The message you receive is just a notification, your product is still registered correctly and the account activated.

Your feedback is appreciated, we are sorry for any inconvenience this might of caused. Rest assure that we will resolve it in the shortest time possible.

Kind regards,

• From what we could determine, the software is fully functional and properly registered. In order to determine why you are receiving the pop-up window, I will send you PMs requesting additional information.

Please do not post your license keys on the forum. If anyone else is facing this issue, post or contact me via PM.

I'm also getting this pop-up. In my case, I did a full uninstall of BitDefender 2010 a few days ago and just got around to installing 2011 this morning. The program downloaded update at the end of the installation, so I assume it's the most current revision. I can send more specific info if you need it for diagnostics.

Dwight

• Same - Invalid Key

• Hi Bloke,

Please read THIS post. Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

• The software itself is functioning properly. I would recommend first updating BitDefender and then check if issue persists at the following system restart.

You can contact me via PM with the following information:

1. The product type and build version (can be found by right clicking on the BitDefender icon from the system tray -> About)

2. Windows O.S. (32/64bit)

3. The registered license key (select License Info from the bottom part of the BitDefender window)

4. E-mail address so that we can contact you, if needed.

Pm send

• Thank you all for all your info.

A fix is already being tested at this time. It will be delivered via automatic updates in the following 24hours.

On behalf of the BitDefender team, we do apologize yet again for this inconvenience.

Have a nice day/evening :)

• Thanks for the fast response.

• I have been getting the same message which led me to this forum. Got an update today that required a reboot. Still getting the invalid license message. I will keep looking for the fix to come down in the next few days.

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello ElectricPickle, :)

Tomorrow the update will be delivered and the nag screen will not show up at the next system restart.

• Hello ElectricPickle, :)

Tomorrow the update will be delivered and the nag screen will not show up at the next system restart.

Just updated the software a minute back (local time over here now is 1000 hrs). The same nag screen still appears when my system reboot. Anyone facing the same problem again?

• Same with me. Updated earlier this evening.

• hi. after an update this evening, which required reboot, i have this weird pop up showing always at win startup... it says i have an invalid license key (altough in bitdefender/registration it's all OK - i still have 320+ days remaining on my key)...

so i'm asking if anyone has the same problem, which is ofcourse very annoying...

any ideas how to fix this?

regards

andrej

Have the same issue. I emailed customer service this morning. Had two Bit Defender pop ups asking me to reboot today, but didn't fix the issue yet. Look forward to tomorrow.

• Hello,

We are already aware of the issue, it was reported last week. We are currently working on a fix therefore please wait and ignore the pop-up notification you receive. Your product is working properly.

Topic closed, duplicate.

Regards,

• Just performed a update a few minutes back. Looks like the problem of the 'invalid key' screen is no longer there. Kudo for the fast update from the guys over at BitDefender.

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

Thank you greeny2010. So should we understand that everything went well after the update? :)

• Thank you greeny2010. So should we understand that everything went well after the update? :)

No more the 'invalid serial number' msg display during my system startup. The problem is gone after the latest update.

• Hello everyone,

An update was released yesterday with a resolution of the registration issue pop-up being displayed. Make sure you update BitDefender by right click on the icon in the system tray and select Update Now.

Case resolved, topic closed.

Kind regards,

• My Key Is Valid For Another Aprox 200 Days And The Program Is Gliching...

• Downloading Fix Update..

• I am having the same issue: program tells me the key is invalid but when I go into the control panel it shows an active, valid license.

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello all,

@Rodman55: did updating solve the issue?

@snpower: try updating BitDefender and then tell me if issue persists.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.