Can not Update

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

Installation goes fine. Created my account, registered, entered my key, and CONGRTATS! Installation successful! Bust open the bubbly...

But when I go to open BD from the icon on my desktop, I get a big-sky-screen that tells me my key is invalid and that the key is actually for another product. Tech support doesn't seem to have answers, nor did they tell me this is a known issue. It was all "wow, that shouldn't be happening." and "here's what you need to do. Uninstall and reinstall." I explain that I have done that several times. and they try telling me that if I just do it again, it will definitely work. I am so frustrated! Four times I've called Tech Support!!! Starting last Tuesday. I was informed that I am being escalated to "Highest Priority" and that a Senior Technical Support adviser would be calling me back or e-mailing me within 24 hours... at MOST 48 hours they said... *sigh* here it is... Sunday now. I don't think they really want my business. I called yesterday to see what the status was, and was basically told that... "someone eventually WILL get back to me..."

Did this turn into a rant?? oops. anyway. i'm glad it's being addressed. I hope they can fix it.

I'm running Windows xp, sp3.

Comments

• ...sry to double post, but I wanted to add that it is not fully functional. BD will not allow me to update. When I try it takes me to takes me round-robin right back to the invalid license screen. (Not the one posted above, but another one. Sry I don't have a screenshot) and I keep getting the XP security warning that My virus protection is turned off.

:(

• Hi Marek,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

• Hi Marek,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

god, even the trial version has the same problem. After that, I purchased a license key and registried my bitdefender total security but the warning keeps happening everytime Windows starts.

I've sent you a PM containing my notebook 's information, hope that'll help.

post-36795-1284214531_thumb.jpg

• Okay DanyD- Sent you a PM with all relavent files and screenies. Thanks for the assistance.

-Marek

• Has the update to fix people's "Invalid License Key" error been released yet? Because BD automatically tried to update itself this afternoon, and when my machine restarted, BD still popped up as Invalid and unprotected. I think my issue may be different than the problem everyone else is having with the Invalid Lic. Keys.

Can anyone advise?

Marek

• not sure, hope so. I am afraid to upgrade mine. 2010 has been running great, but the beta's I tested did not convince me to upgrade yet.

• Hello everyone,

Please read the post below with information about the issue you encounter.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=92460

Topic is duplicate and it will be closed.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.