Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Problem

Options

i got error while installing bitdefender 2011 that ,,

""The system Dll user32.dll was relocated in memory. the application will not run properly. the relocation occurred because th dll C:/windows/system32/shell32.dll occupied an address range reserved for windows system dlls. the vendor supplying the dll should be contacted for a new dll""

I got such error two to three times while installing bitdefender. After i installed the bitdefender, i was not able to turn on automatic update. I have currently formated the pc with windows service pack 3..

i have uninstall the bitdefender and reinstall it but getting the same error and even not able to update my bitedefender 2011..... pls help

Comments

• Hello,

Please complete the following steps and send me the logs generated at the end of these steps as listed below:

1. Download THIS TOOL

2. Locate and open 'sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

then send me the download link via PM.

Looking forward to your answer!

• BD IS 2011 performs automatic updates download every 20-25 min. I tried different settings: 'update every 1 hour' or 'update every 6 hours' and this doesn't change anything. I don't want so frequent updates since it slows down the computer significantly. The problem exists on two computers I have BD installed.

Could you please help?

• Hello,

This is indeed the way BD 2011 was designed (just like 2010, 2009 and 2008).

- signature updates - 5 min from PC start-up

- product update 30 min from PC start-up

- signature + product update 60 min from PC start-up

After this, it follows the schedule set in the BitDefender interface.

The reasoning behind all this would be the following:

- an antivirus without the latest signatures is more likely not to detect / block an infection

- product patches / updates can be applied to rectify product bugs / incorrect behaviors

If you restart your PC each hour, BitDefender will update 3 times every time.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

This is indeed the way BD 2011 was designed (just like 2010, 2009 and 2008).

- signature updates - 5 min from PC start-up

- product update 30 min from PC start-up

- signature + product update 60 min from PC start-up

After this, it follows the schedule set in the BitDefender interface.

The reasoning behind all this would be the following:

- an antivirus without the latest signatures is more likely not to detect / block an infection

- product patches / updates can be applied to rectify product bugs / incorrect behaviors

If you restart your PC each hour, BitDefender will update 3 times every time.

Kind regards,

This is great information! I did not know this is how BD operates and it explains a lot of what I see happening operationally when I start my PCs. The logic behind it makes sense to me. But I can also see where users of older/slower hardware, one with a lot of startup processes or a slow internet connection might see it as a "problem." I have one of those older/slower PCs myself.

I guess when I start that one up, I'll go get a cup of coffee. ;):)

• OK, I didn't know that. Many thanks to tech support for the prompt answer.

Regards

• Hi,

As the query was resolved, consider the topic closed. Feel free to create a new topic for any future queries you may have.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.