Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2010 To Is 2011?

Options

I've seen problems listed for people who have installed Internet Security 2011 but are they only new installs? Have any occurred for people who have had Internet Security 2010 running without problems (at least having dealt with the problems when 2010 was installed)? I still have over 450 days remaining on my license and would like to upgrade.

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit, with an Intel Core I7 CPU 860 2.80 Ghz and 8 GB memory. Is it just a matter of deinstalling IS2010, installing IS2011 and registering, using my existing product key? Where do I go to get the new version?

Comments

• Hello,

As mentioned in the topic I started about the upgrade, you can upgrade for FREE from the 2010 to the 2011 version. You will use your existing license key to register 2011. You can find instructions on how to upgrade HERE

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

As mentioned in the topic I started about the upgrade, you can upgrade for FREE from the 2010 to the 2011 version. You will use your existing license key to register 2011. You can find instructions on how to upgrade HERE

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

OK, I will follow that thread to do the upgrade BUT...

Has anybody who upgraded from IS2010 to IS2011 (not a first time installer) experienced any new problems with IS2011 that they did not experience with IS2010?

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello TheNit,

Upgrade does go down smoothly for the wide majority of users. I would also like to point out that this being a support forum, almost all discussions will be related to encountered issues.

In order to upgrade, I recommend running the Uninstall Tool first and then after restart, install BitDefender 2011.

If you wish to share your feedback afterwards, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

• I installed BDAV Pro 2011 the way George R. suggested and I had no problems on either of my PCs.

1. Used the current uninstall tool to remove BDAV 2010

2. Reboot when prompted

3. Installed BDAV Pro 2011

4. Reboot when prompted

Changed a few option settings to match what I had in BDAV 2010 and I was off and running. I've just gotten in the habit of not installing a new release over-the-top of the previous release of any program I am updating. I just did that with Adobe Acrobat.

What speed/type CPU and how much RAM do you have? You can see my PCs configs in my signature line - One WinXP, the other Win7.

• I installed BDAV Pro 2011 the way George R. suggested and I had no problems on either of my PCs.

1. Used the current uninstall tool to remove BDAV 2010

2. Reboot when prompted

3. Installed BDAV Pro 2011

4. Reboot when prompted

Changed a few option settings to match what I had in BDAV 2010 and I was off and running. I've just gotten in the habit of not installing a new release over-the-top of the previous release of any program I am updating. I just did that with Adobe Acrobat.

What speed/type CPU and how much RAM do you have? You can see my PCs configs in my signature line - One WinXP, the other Win7.

As I mentioned in my original post I am running Windows 7, 64-bit, with an Intel Core I7 CPU 860 2.80 Ghz and 8 GB memory.

• Oops, sorry :blink: I had a senior moment.

Obviously, you should be fine on that hardware.

• As I mentioned in my original post I am running Windows 7, 64-bit, with an Intel Core I7 CPU 860 2.80 Ghz and 8 GB memory.

Does BitDefender use all your cpu resoursces to on that machine?

• Does BitDefender use all your cpu resoursces to on that machine?

No, it hardly uses any.

• Does BitDefender use all your cpu resoursces to on that machine?

No, it hardly uses any.

Its the same on my WinXP desktop & Win7 x64 laptop - hardly any CPU cycles & just over 1MB of memory used for the bdagent.exe process. :)