Chrome Firewall Problems.

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with running google chrome. The other day a pop-up appeared from bit defender asking me if I accepted the program "chrome". First time it has done so and I've been running chrome for months without a problem, all this while having Bit def. as antivirus. Anyway, in my haste I clicked "No" and chrome hasn't been working since. It runs but can't seem to open the web pages.

My question is, how do I get Bit Def, to accept chrome again? I have tried several things, like adding chrome to the games list, adding it to the list by entering advanced settings etc...

I'm running Bitdefender Internet security 2010 -Build:13.0.21.347 and have xp on laptop.

Also, I'm not a computer buff, even this forum is kind of new.

Hope someone can help.

Comments

• Give this a try. Switch to Expert View if you aren't already in that view. Click on Firewall-->Programs and find the entry for Chrome. Click on the + box next to Chrome to view its rules. You should be able to change Chrome's settings from there.

Regards,

• Give this a try. Switch to Expert View if you aren't already in that view. Click on Firewall-->Programs and find the entry for Chrome. Click on the + box next to Chrome to view its rules. You should be able to change Chrome's settings from there.

Regards,

Hi Nikki, thanks for the help.

It wasn't quiet what I was looking for but apperently you send me in the right direction.

For others with the same problem, where chrome once worked and later didn't.

I went into Expert mode. Clicked onto "Firewall", there you have 4 options, settings-network-rules-activity. Go into rules, click the advanced option. Go through the list of allowed items. With me "chrome" was in the red and had "Deny" next to it, I simply switched it to allow. All seems to work now, fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.

• I'm glad you were able to get it changed the way you wanted. :)

Regards,

• There are the information can exited to all players like play online bejeweled 3 this is update to start play with your friends here thanks

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@ovile9080

Kindly refrain from posting irrelevant comments.

@Andy_BD, @Alex D. - kindly have a look, user is posting irrelevant comments despite warnings.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)