Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cpu Constantly Working Hard While Bd Running

Options

This issue is not going away. My CPU seems to work hard for long stretches (like 30 min at a time) while bitdefender is running. By working hard i mean you can hear the harddrive processing like it would if your installing something, but louder. There is also pc slowdown during this time. This seems to happen randomly but occurs more frequently before and during updates and when computer is idle for a while and I come back to it. Sometimes vsserv is at the top of the processes list, other times its not. I know this is related to BD though because I had it uninstalled for a while and this stopped happening. This really reduces system performance and I wonder if harddrive will crash at some point since its always processing...

I have laptop gateway mx6920 windows xp sp3. 1GB Ram. Intel centrino duo 1.6Ghz processors.

Please help!

Comments

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi Steve,

Please go to the Update -> Settings and uncheck the option to 'Enable update sharing (P2P)' and 'Upload BitDefender files from this PC'. Let me know if the issue persist.

• Hi Steve,

Please go to the Update -> Settings and uncheck the option to 'Enable update sharing (P2P)' and 'Upload BitDefender files from this PC'. Let me know if the issue persist.

Dan, I have a very similar problem BD 2011, Toshiba laptop 1.60Ghz; CPU so slow, this is my third attempt to reply - I tried the 2 suggestions, rebooted, no help. Task manager shows vsserv.exe is running full speed ahead - cpu useage extremely high; hard drive runs continuously, unless I uninstall bd 2011, then the pc works just fine. Forum shows similar problems with vsserv.exe. Not happy with 2011. I did not have the problem with 2009 on this PC when it was installed.

• these boxes were already unchecked. the problem persists

• Hi Steve,

When exactly is the vsserv at high CPU ? What are you running on the PC at that time ? Follow the steps I enclosed in my email and send me the requested log files so we can start an analysis and provide you with a resolution.

Looking forward to your answer!

• What email did you send it to? I have not received yet.

Vsserv seems to run highest when my computer is idle for a while and then I come back to it or right around time of BD update (hourly).

• Hi Steve,

As you didn't received the emails I've sent, I have created a new ticket with the ID: 201009241006824. Check your Hotmail account and send me back the full logs requested.

Regards,

• Hi Steve,

As you didn't received the emails I've sent, I have created a new ticket with the ID: 201009241006824. Check your Hotmail account and send me back the full logs requested.

Regards,

I received the new one. I have sent the requested information.

This discussion has been closed.