Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 Problems With Windows 7 64 Bits

Options

Hello,

I have a side by side error with BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 and BitDefender Internet Security 2011 with Windows 7 64 bits!

I had the same error: a side by side error in June 2010 with BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2010 and BitDefender Internet Security 2010 with Windows 7 64 bits!

The only solution I found on bitdefender forums is to reformat the Hard disk drive c: and reinstall windows 7 64 bits!

I downloaded BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 and BitDefender Internet Security 2011 from http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2011_64b.exe

and from http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_64b.exe

I updated the Dll C++ files from the Microsoft site on the advice of other forums with similar issues but that failed to solve it.

Other users had the same problemd with Windows Vista 64 bits and Windows 7 64 bits:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21269

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20660

Yes but the last time it did not work, and I just uninstalled Bitdefender 2010 in June 2010 from Windows 7 64 bits!

In June 2010, I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 with BitDefender Uninstall Tool http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall and reinstal Bitdefender Internet Security 2010

but it did not work at all!

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

Comments

• Hi Roberto,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

Looking forward to your answer!

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi DanyDan,

I updated the dll files Redistributable Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010 from Microsoft, but it has not solved the problem.

I can't run supporttool.exe file, I have the same error for supporttool.exe file: a side by side error

Thanks for your quick reply.

Best regards,

Roberto78.

post-33057-1285004317_thumb.jpg

• Hello DanyDan, PM is sent with the download link.

• Hi Roberto,

This error can occur when installing under MS Vista/7 if your user account control(UAC) does not have full permission to your temp directory.

In order to disable UAC, please follow the steps from the following link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

1. Open up Windows Explorer (Start Button and then My Computer)

2. In the address bar at the top of the window that opens type in the following (without quotes): "%localappdata%" and press enter

3. Contents of the appdata\local folder will appear. Right click on Temp and click on Properties.

4. Click on the security tab at the top of the window that appears.

5. Note the group or user names. When you click on each of the names, they should have full control and check marks along the "Allow" column.

6. The following usernames should be present: SYSTEM, your_user_name, and administrators. They should all exist and have full control. If they do not, do the following:

A. If a user or group does not have the correct permissions, click on edit.

A1. Click on the username to change permissions so its highlighted.

A2. Put a check mark next to "Full Control" in the Allow column and check marks will appear for all except "Special Permissions". This is OK.

A3. Now click on Apply.

A4. Repeat steps A1 to A2 are complete. When done, click on OK.

B. If a user or group is missing, Click on edit.

B1. Click on "Add".

B2. A window will appear, enter in the missing username or group (see step 6) and click on OK.

B3. Window will disappear. Click on username that you just added. Now click on "Full Control" in the box below.

B4. Click on Apply.

B5. Repeat this till all missing users are added. When done, click on OK.

7. Click on OK on all windows to close them.

Let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hi Roberto,

This error can occur when installing under MS Vista/7 if your user account control(UAC) does not have full permission to your temp directory.

In order to disable UAC, please follow the steps from the following link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

1. Open up Windows Explorer (Start Button and then My Computer)

2. In the address bar at the top of the window that opens type in the following (without quotes): "%localappdata%" and press enter

3. Contents of the appdata\local folder will appear. Right click on Temp and click on Properties.

4. Click on the security tab at the top of the window that appears.

5. Note the group or user names. When you click on each of the names, they should have full control and check marks along the "Allow" column.

6. The following usernames should be present: SYSTEM, your_user_name, and administrators. They should all exist and have full control. If they do not, do the following:

A. If a user or group does not have the correct permissions, click on edit.

A1. Click on the username to change permissions so its highlighted.

A2. Put a check mark next to "Full Control" in the Allow column and check marks will appear for all except "Special Permissions". This is OK.

A3. Now click on Apply.

A4. Repeat steps A1 to A2 are complete. When done, click on OK.

B. If a user or group is missing, Click on edit.

B1. Click on "Add".

B2. A window will appear, enter in the missing username or group (see step 6) and click on OK.

B3. Window will disappear. Click on username that you just added. Now click on "Full Control" in the box below.

B4. Click on Apply.

B5. Repeat this till all missing users are added. When done, click on OK.

7. Click on OK on all windows to close them.

Let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Hi DanyDan,

I disabled UAC and I do what you say but it doesn't change. Also, I deleted the temp files in Appdata\local folder\temp.

The issue is not resolved. I have the same error: a side by side error.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi DanyDan,

I disabled UAC and I do what you say but it doesn't change. Also, I deleted the temp files in Appdata\local folder\temp.

The issue is not resolved. I have the same error: a side by side error.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

I am running BitDefender Total Security 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it runs like it shoud, without any errors. However, the problem you describe has probably something to do with your hardware. If you overclock your RAM or CPU, it will give errors! If your chipsetdrivers or bios is not updated, you will receive errors.

Go to even viewer, clear out system log, restart and then check for errors. This would be a proper approach to this problem ;)

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I am running BitDefender Total Security 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it runs like it shoud, without any errors. However, the problem you describe has probably something to do with your hardware. If you overclock your RAM or CPU, it will give errors! If your chipsetdrivers or bios is not updated, you will receive errors.

Go to even viewer, clear out system log, restart and then check for errors. This would be a proper approach to this problem ;)

The Bitdefender 2011 users have the same problems: a side by side error!

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21269

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21369

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21175

• Hello DanyDan,

PM is sent with the download links for sysdump.tar and for supporttool.exe file. :D

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi Roberto,

Please install the C++ 2008 x64 package as well; you only have the x86 ones installed and you are using a x64 OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) Reinstall BitDefender and check if the issue persist.

Microsoft C++ x64 download link

BitDefender Uninstall Tool

Clean your Windows Registry after the removal to be certain that you have no entries left associated with BitDefender.

Let me know if the issue was resolved.

Regards,

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hi Roberto,

Please install the C++ 2008 x64 package as well; you only have the x86 ones installed and you are using a x64 OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) Reinstall BitDefender and check if the issue persist.

Microsoft C++ x64 download link

BitDefender Uninstall Tool

Clean your Windows Registry after the removal to be certain that you have no entries left associated with BitDefender.

Let me know if the issue was resolved.

Regards,

Hi DanyDan,

It does not work at all! I have the same error!

If the C++ 2008 x64 package and C++ 2008 x86 is not installed, Bitdender Internet Security 2011 install it both : Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x64 package and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi Dandan,

I send you a PM with the download links for the 2 files sysdump.tar and supporttool file.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• I know that BitDefender installs them however from the logs you sent me I do not see it installed. You only have:

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729

I do not see any x64 installed. I do believe that it's an OS issue rather than a BitDefender one. Try uninstalling ALL C++ packages and restart the PC after each uninstall.

After reboot clear the temp folder and the Windows registry follow by an installation of the x64 Redistributable package.

Please let me know the results.

• I have a problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2011, I use Windows 7 64 bits. After 5 min from opening the computer, i have a message - Bitdefender has encountered a critical error - and is asking for a restart. After restart, the red icon from taskbar is becoming grey and i have the message - Bitdefender services are not responding. I have uninstalled bitdefender with uninstall tool and reinstall, same problems.

I want to mention that on the same computer I didn't have any problem with 2010 version of Bitdefender Internet Security.

I used service tool who generated a winrar file, I've sent it 2 days ago at technical support, they answered me today saying that is a bug and I have to wait till they will release a program who will fix it.

Please, till this program is released, send me a link where i can download Bitdefender Internet Security 2010, from bitdefender.com I can download only 2011 version. Practically, for now I don't have any antivirus, Bidefender is for nothing, unfortunally.

• sargon - you can find all of the 2010 English download links in a topic that is pinned at the top of the 2010 English forum here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21241

Regards,

• sargon
    edited September 2010
    Options

Thanks, I have downloaded from your link version 2010 and have reinstalled it, now everything seems to work fine. I think that I'll stay to this version till 2012 :)

However, I saw that on your link there are differences between 86x and 64x while on bitdefender.com - when I want to download and install there is no such option - it starts with a small installer and after that download without any option. Could be this the problem, that I've installed the 86 x version instead of 64x version ?

• sargon - its possible. The small setup file is a stub-installer. You can find the direct, full-file download links for all 2011 products & versions in this topic pinned at the top of the 2011 forum.

Link: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20566

Give that a try,

• I have a problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2011, I use Windows 7 64 bits. After 5 min from opening the computer, i have a message - Bitdefender has encountered a critical error - and is asking for a restart. After restart, the red icon from taskbar is becoming grey and i have the message - Bitdefender services are not responding. I have uninstalled bitdefender with uninstall tool and reinstall, same problems.

I want to mention that on the same computer I didn't have any problem with 2010 version of Bitdefender Internet Security.

I used service tool who generated a winrar file, I've sent it 2 days ago at technical support, they answered me today saying that is a bug and I have to wait till they will release a program who will fix it.

Please, till this program is released, send me a link where i can download Bitdefender Internet Security 2010, from bitdefender.com I can download only 2011 version. Practically, for now I don't have any antivirus, Bidefender is for nothing, unfortunally.

I am having the exact same problem. It's been several weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling with negative results. The program just quits working several times a day. I'm at the point that I just want my money back for a program that never worked. Tech takes about a week to respond to each different email. snail mail is faster. I keep sending info and hear nothing back. Is there a solution to this problem? What program will work with win 7 64bit? Help.....

• firstfast - Welcome to the BD forum! :)

BD 2011 is working fine on my Win7 x64 laptop. I know that doesn't help you with your problem.

I see this is your first post on the forum, so I assume you have been working through the normal BD tech support channels. There are several tech support people who actively participate in this forum and I find them very responsive.

It is now the weekend, but I would suggest that you open a new topic and explain your problem in as much detail as possible. That will put more focus on your problem than a single 'me too' post in an existing topic. If you have a trouble ticket number(s) include it with the rest of the information. It will help speed up their response.

BD works well for thousands of users. This is a support forum so it is natural to read what may seem like a lot of users with problems. They are actually the exceptions and a reatively small number. Unfortunately, happy users have no need to come here and tell us they are happy. :(

pssst, by the way, I am successfully running BD on 3 PCs as you can see in my signature. ;) so I'm one of the happy ones. :)

Regards and again, welcome!

• firstfast
    edited September 2010
    Options

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to hear it works for you but it doesn't work for me and I real tired of finding no protection on the computer every time I sit down to it. I need this problem solved

• Hi Bob,

The reason you have the services not responding is because the real time protection driver is not correctly installed in your PC. You only have the Firewall driver correctly installed and running. Check your email for further instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I know that BitDefender installs them however from the logs you sent me I do not see it installed. You only have:

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729

I do not see any x64 installed. I do believe that it's an OS issue rather than a BitDefender one. Try uninstalling ALL C++ packages and restart the PC after each uninstall.

After reboot clear the temp folder and the Windows registry follow by an installation of the x64 Redistributable package.

Please let me know the results.

Hi DanyDan,

It does not work. I try uninstalling ALL C++ packages and restart the PC after each uninstall.

After reboot ,I clear the temp folder and the Windows registry follow by an installation of the x64 Redistributable package.

Ad-Aware Free by Lavasoft intalled the same file Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17, but Ad-Aware Free by Lavasoft works very well.

I send you a PM with the sxstrace.txt file: The side by side error extracted by srstrace.exe.

Best Regards,

Roberto 78.

• Hi DanyDan,

I send you a PM with the sxstrace.txt file.

Maybe, it can help you to find a solution to the side by side error with Windows 7 64 bits.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Got the PM, working on the file :)

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Got the PM, working on the file :)

Thanks. :D

• Hello to everyone,

The ”side by side configuration error” is thrown when the C++ runtime libraries ARE installed, but the installed version doesn't match the required version for a particular application. I'm not really sure at this point what version BitDefender needs (I'll have to ask around tomorrow), but there are a few versions available on Microsoft's website:

Most probable required versions:

Kinda improbable versions, but they are small enough (so wasted space is at minimum):

You should (re)install these packages one by one (or two by two), and BitDefender should start working after the correct one is installed. Normally, all required (missing) packages should be automatically installed when BitDefender is installed. But in case that the packages are installed, but malfunctioning (or the installation is corrupted somehow), then BitDefender might also malfunction. So I recommend uninstalling all C++ runtimes (from Add Remove programs), then installing the above packages (make sure to install all packages that you remove, because you could encounter later problems with other software).

Please post how it works.

Cris.

• Hello,

I have a support ticket for Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

I have no anwser(s) since last Tuesday.

I have replied to the e-mail : support [ at ] bitdefender.com.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello,

What needs BitDefender Internet Security 2011?

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)?

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)?

Thanks.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• I can't tell you which one it 'needs' but I can tell you which ones are installed on my Win7 Pro x64 laptop and with all these installed, I do not get the errors you are seeing.

See the screen image:

post-35640-1285704557_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• Got the PM, working on the file :)

Hello DanyDan,

Have you found the solution? Do you have a feedback on this problem?

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• nikki605
    edited September 2010
    Options

Did you install the C++ packages I showed in my screenshot that Cris had also posted about? All of them, some of them, or not yet?

Regards,

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello DanyDan,

Have you found the solution? Do you have a feedback on this problem?

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

Got the PM, working on the file :)
  • roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did you install the C++ packages I showed in my screenshot that Cris had also posted about? All of them, some of them, or not yet?

Regards,

I uninstalled all the C++ packages and I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).

But it does not work.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi Roberto,

Let's try using the windows installer cleanup utility. It can be downloaded from HERE

Run it and uninstall all the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable from the list; after this, restart the computer if prompted and then reinstall the MSVC redistributable packages from the BitDefender folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\SetupInformation\{xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx}\dependencies

Let me know the results.

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hi Roberto,

Let's try using the windows installer cleanup utility. It can be downloaded from HERE

Let me know the results.

Hi DanyDan,

I have the error: can't find the file MsiZap.exe in the setup of the windows installer cleanup utility.

post-33057-1285833604_thumb.jpg

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello,

I have installed the windows installer cleanup utility. I am uninstalling all the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable from the list.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hi Roberto,

Run it and uninstall all the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable from the list; after this, restart the computer if prompted and then reinstall the MSVC redistributable packages from the BitDefender folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\SetupInformation\{xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx}\dependencies

Let me know the results.

I uninstalled all the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable from the list and then I reinstalled the MSVC redistributable packages from the BitDefender folder.

I have a new error: Error 1402.Could not open keys:UNKNOWN\Components\

Verify that you have sufficient acess to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Regards,

Roberto78.

post-33057-1285840045_thumb.jpg

• I do believe that you have some issues with the Operating System currently installed on your PC. The issue is not Bitdefender related.

1) Open the registry editor by selecting "Run" from the start menu and then typing in "regedit".

2) Browse through the registry and select the entry mentioned in the error message.

the location in Windows Registry is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

3) Choose "Permissions..." from either the edit menu or by right-clicking on the registry key's parent directory.

4) Click the "Advanced" button to add a new user.

5) Type in "Everyone" as the new user and click OK

6) Configure the permissions for user "Everyone" to "Full Control"

7) Try to re-install the packages.

Let me know the results.

• roberto78
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I do believe that you have some issues with the Operating System currently installed on your PC. The issue is not Bitdefender related.

1) Open the registry editor by selecting "Run" from the start menu and then typing in "regedit".

2) Browse through the registry and select the entry mentioned in the error message.

the location in Windows Registry is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

3) Choose "Permissions..." from either the edit menu or by right-clicking on the registry key's parent directory.

4) Click the "Advanced" button to add a new user.

5) Type in "Everyone" as the new user and click OK

6) Configure the permissions for user "Everyone" to "Full Control"

7) Try to re-install the packages.

Hi,

Let me know the results.

I succeeded to install Microsoft visual C++ redistributable 2008 64 bits 9.0.30729.17 and 32 bits 9.0.30729.17.

But I have the same error: a side by side error.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Thanks for your feedback and the time you took to help me test Roberto.

I do believe that the fix will be soon released. I will keep you posted via email. Check my last PM send few minutes ago (14:12 GMT+2).

Regards,

• Thanks for your feedback and the time you took to help me test Roberto.

I do believe that the fix will be soon released. I will keep you posted via email. Check my last PM send few minutes ago (14:12 GMT+2).

Regards,

Thanks for your support. I will wait your PM and your e-mail to solve my problem.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi Bob,

The reason you have the services not responding is because the real time protection driver is not correctly installed in your PC. You only have the Firewall driver correctly installed and running. Check your email for further instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

I sent two emails with dates and times. got one response stating the first date needed to change. Changed it and here I sit waiting for no phone call to arrive. After waiting all this time and thinking something was finally happening to fix this issue I am let down again...What gives...

• Hi,

I received your email but not sure the 9 you are referring to so I presumed (hate to do that) that you are talking about 9PM. There are 7 hours delay between us. I will try to give you a call after 11 AM your time (in about 15 minutes).

• Hi,

I received your email but not sure the 9 you are referring to so I presumed (hate to do that) that you are talking about 9PM. There are 7 hours delay between us. I will try to give you a call after 11 AM your time (in about 15 minutes).

Got the call and spent several hours with the Tech working on my computer. I'm happy to say I think the issue is solved. Couldn't follow all the steps the tech was doing but bottom line the issue seems solved. Time well tell.

• Got the call and spent several hours with the Tech working on my computer. I'm happy to say I think the issue is solved. Couldn't follow all the steps the tech was doing but bottom line the issue seems solved. Time well tell.

Problem is not solved once again the software is not responding...

• Hello DanyDan,

I have 2 support tickets open for my problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

I have no anwser, no reply since 12 days.

The tickets Id are: 201010011010804 and 201009301013058 .

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi,

@firstfast: Last time I was connected to your PC the issue was resolved. I'll come back to you tomorrow, Sunday October 3rd. Please provide me with a convenient time when I can call you via PM along with the ticket ID you have with us.

@Roberto78: the two tickets you mentioned are newer than 2 days. You have seven tickets open with different engineers. This is not the good approach in solving an issue. Trying to resolve it with several engineers will only create more issues: each of Us will try to resolve the issue in his/her way and it's hard to keep track of all these tickets you created with us.

I understand your frustration about not being able to install BitDefender however the issue is NOT CAUSED by BitDefender, it's a C++ Redistributable issue on Microsoft's end. However, considering the above, we are trying to find a solution to fix it. As soon as a fix will be release via automatic update I will let you know.

Regards,

• Hi,

@Roberto78: the two tickets you mentioned are newer than 2 days. You have seven tickets open with different engineers. This is not the good approach in solving an issue. Trying to resolve it with several engineers will only create more issues: each of Us will try to resolve the issue in his/her way and it's hard to keep track of all these tickets you created with us.

I understand your frustration about not being able to install BitDefender however the issue is NOT CAUSED by BitDefender, it's a C++ Redistributable issue on Microsoft's end. However, considering the above, we are trying to find a solution to fix it. As soon as a fix will be release via automatic update I will let you know.

Regards,

Hello,

I will wait a fix that solve my problem.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi,

Regards,

Hello,

I have been waiting 4 days. Have you found a solution to my problem?

An update of Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 is planned?

Merci.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hello,

Do I need to reformat my hard disk drive c: and reinstall Windows 7 64 bits to solve my problem?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi Roberto,

We do not have an ETA on the issue you encounter nor an answer from Microsoft. The only thing I can suggest you at this moment is to uninstall the 2011 and install 2010 until the issue will be resolved.

If you need any assistance in making the re-install please let me know.

Kind regards,

Hi DanyDan,

In March 2010, I had the same problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2010, see there for my post in March 2010:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=19018

It was not resoved in March/April 2010.

What is an ETA?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.