Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Browsing Freezes

Options

Hi

I have recently upgraded to IS2011 from IS2010. I have recently been having problems when using web browsers (3 different) where the pages sometimes take about 30 seconds to load, or loading progress freezes. This includes the page address that accesses my router. Things then become normal for a while until the problem happens again, anything from 10 to 30 minutes later. At first I thought it might be my router, but I have now tried three different ones. It's strange that even access to my router is affected as this is not even part of the internet. My two other home PCs with IS2011 show the same symptoms. I have tried disabling various parts of IS2011 with no effect. I have finally uninstalled IS2011 on my main PC and am using AVG Free and Zone alarm at the moment. The problem has gone away since I did this.

I am not very impressed with your product. IS2010 had a few serious problems which were eventually sorted out, so I had hopes that the 2011 would be trouble free. It appears not to be. I really hope you can help me sort out this problem.

Nic Jones

Comments

• stevenomes
    edited September 2010
    Options

This happens to me as well. If you are going to go through the hassle of reinstalling everything first run a registry cleaner before you do. Run a registry cleaner and delete any extra BD entries. Then reinstall and try the following setting changes:

Updates - settings -> turn off "enable update sharing (P2P)

Antivirus - shield -> custom level -> turn off "scan web (http) traffic"

Antivirus - Antiphishing and search advisor -> turn off antiphishing for the web browsers you are using

See if this makes any improvement in performance.

I have this same problems and changing the above settings limits it but it does not go away entirely. If you do not want to go through the hassle of reinstalling everything id stick with your free av until BD patches this issue

• Thanks Steve for the input. I've tried all these things already.

I'm hoping someone from Bitdefender will jump in. Am now running Microsoft's free package to cover me until it gets sorted out or I'll ask for a refund. Life's too short for these time-consuming and inexcusable annoyances!

Thanks again for stepping in!

Nic

• Anyone from Bitdefender that can help me?

• Hello

I am having a similar problem

Everything was fine on BD total security 2010, and I upgraded last night to DB total security 2011

Now, every URL that I go to from the browser (firefox) is very slow top respond, including any IP addresses within my home network.

When I enter a URL, It just sits there for a while, then says waiting for ...<the url address> for a while, then eventually responds with the results

I know it is BD causing the issue, because my other PCs still on BD 2010 work fine but this one with BD 2011 started this issue after I upgraded to BD 2011

Could one of the BD tech guys please advice, as this is a very annoying issue.

Many thanks

• Hello Bit Defender? Anyone there?

• Hello,

Nic Jones: With all the respect but how can I troubleshoot the issue if you people uninstall BitDefender after reporting it ?

Bit Defender Mystic: I hope you still have BitDefender installed :) Have you tried Steve's advise on the post #2 ?

Disable the following options in BitDefender Security Center:

- Updates - settings -> turn off "enable update sharing (P2P)

- Antivirus -> Shield -> Custom Level -> turn off "scan web (HTTP) traffic"

- Antivirus -> Antiphishing and search adviser -> turn off antiphishing for the web browsers you are using

See if this makes any improvement in performance. If the same issue persist follow the steps from THIS article and send me the requested log file via PM (private message).

Regards,

• With respect, the purpose of uninstalling the product was to confirm that the problem didn't lie with my router. I am a logical person and try to eliminate one thing at a time. Once I had removed 2011 and replaced it with another product, albeit a free one, I decided that I could not spare any more time pursuing the problem on a forum like this. I don't think all of us users/customers have the time to help with your research and development after we have paid for a working product.

I decided to get a refund in the end.

Good luck everyone!

• Hello,

Nic considering your refund request, this topic is now closed. I have escalated your request to my colleagues from the Sales department.

Have a nice Sunday!

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.