Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Software Requirements

Options

Hello, I was looking at the system requirements to run BDTS2011. I see this under a section "software requirements":

* Internet Explorer 6 (Internet Explorer 7 recommended)

* Yahoo Messenger 8.1

* Microsoft Windows Live Messenger 8

* Firefox 3.x

* Thunderbird 3.0.4

* Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010

* Outlook Express

* Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2

* .Net framework 2.0

Do I seriously have to have ALL this useless software installed on my machine in order for BitDefender Total Security 2011 to operate properly?? Please say no lol- I can't imagine this to be the case, but try as I might, I can't interpret "Software Requirements" any other way except things that are REQUIRED... Please advise...

Comments

• Hello, I was looking at the system requirements to run BDTS2011. I see this under a section "software requirements":

* Internet Explorer 6 (Internet Explorer 7 recommended)

* Yahoo Messenger 8.1

* Microsoft Windows Live Messenger 8

* Firefox 3.x

* Thunderbird 3.0.4

* Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010

* Outlook Express

* Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2

* .Net framework 2.0

Do I seriously have to have ALL this useless software installed on my machine in order for BitDefender Total Security 2011 to operate properly?? Please say no lol- I can't imagine this to be the case, but try as I might, I can't interpret "Software Requirements" any other way except things that are REQUIRED... Please advise...

It probably could be worded better. The way I read it is IF you have any of those programs installed, those would be the minimum versions supported.

Hope that hepls,

• Hello marek,

The requirements for BitDefender products to actually work include only Internet Explorer 6 (minimum, recommended 7). This is included in any Windows operating system, so it shouldn't be any problem. Also these versions of IE are recommended for BD Antiphishing toolbar for IE to work at it's best.

The other requirements are only required for the intended BitDefender modules to work, such as:

- Adobe Flash Player 10 - for the flash tutorial video which are available in the BitDefender integrated help system (which was not present in pre 2011 versions)

- .NET Framework 2.0 - only required for the Online Backup module available in some versions of BD Total Security. If you intend to use BD AV Pro, BD IS or BD TS (without Online Backup), then .NET Framework is not required

- YM 8.1 and/or WLM 8 are required if you wish to be able to use chat encryption

- Firefox 3.x - required for the BD Antiphishing toolbar for Firefox to work. This requirement is stated because the toolbar is not compatible with Firefox 1, 2, or 4 (beta)

- Thunderbird, Outlook and Outlook Express are presented if you wish to use the Antispam and Antiphishing email protection. These email clients are the only ones supported (and BitDefender also integrates with them through BitDefender Antispam toolbars)

If you do not wish to use one (or more) of the above modules, you do not need to have the external software installed. For instance, I don't have YM, WLM, Outlook, Outlook Express or Thunderbird on my system, and everything works just fine.

Cris.

• Ah... that makes sense... IF I have those, I will need that version. Okay. Thanks for the feedback.

• You're welcome. :)

Since the situation has been clarified, I will consider this topic closed. If you have other questions, you are welcome to open a new topic.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.