Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 Shutting Down Sound

First of all anyone even thinking about getting Bitdefender as an antivirus DONT!!!! Worst company ever, I thought their software was bad until I actually tried contacting their tech support, which only seems to work part time. Yay!

I contacted BD support a month ago bout this issue and have heard from them once when they told me to send them a deep scan log, that was over 2 wks ago and have heard nothing since.

I get a win32 services pop up, then boom, my sound goes off. Its been doing that ever since I was forced to update to 2011 version. I still have the scan log if anyone wants to see it, or has any suggestions about resolving this. I doubt Ill hear from any BD employees as most of the threads here reflect wonderment as to why noone from BD has even bothered to reply to any of their threads. Man I cant wait for this subscription to expire.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited September 2010

Hello,

Allow me to clear few things for you:

- the Customer Care works 24/7 not part time;

- I understand your frustration however you should also use a proper language: repeatedly insult the engineer working with you will only get your emails ignored.

- as you can see from the number of my posts, I do answer all the queries as soon and as good as possible; I do believe that most forum users were happy with the support I provided.

Can you provide me with more details about your sound card (Manufacturer and model), your Operating System and the BitDefender product you have purchased ? Also please enclose a screenshot of the notification you receive from BitDefender when the sound card driver is being blocked.

Please check your Hotmail email, follow the steps and send me back the generated log file so we can further investigate the issue you encounter.

Read our forum rules!

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=201&id=18

Allow me to quote:

Any form of aggressive language, directed at other forum members or at the BitDefender Moderating Team or staff is completely forbidden. Continuous attacks will result in an account suspension or BAN.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Wow Im real glad and comforted in the knowledge that you are the only one responding to these boards. If you spent as much time whining about me pointing out that BitDefender's support is actually worse than their product I wouldnt have been infected with a keylogging virus that your product completely failed to detect despite having your product as updated as it could possibly be and the only antivirus installed as I'd removed Ad-Aware and AVG when I actually paid for BitDefender as directed.

The minute I installed Ad Aware yestarday it picked up the trojan an fixed the issue thank god.

Its been over a month and still waiting on a reply from your email tech support.

All I want from you DanyDan is information on how to revert back to the BitDefender 2010 version. That version I didnt really have a problem with. The second I was forced to update however to the 2011 version however all ###### broke loose. If you do a simple google search on BitDefender 2011 youll get dozens of pages of links of people having issues with it. Why not simply do a recall and have everyone use the more friendly 2010 version? I know thats not your call.

Any info on how to revert back to the 2010 version with any due haste at all would be greatly appreciated.

• Hello again,

You can always revert back to an older version. Nobody is forced in upgrading to 2011, only if you decide to do it.

To revert to a prior version you need to save then run the BitDefender Uninstall Tool, click on the Uninstall button then wait to be asked to restart the PC.

For an extra lay of security I would also recommend you to run a registry cleaner after the PC restarted to be certain that you have no files left from the previous installation.

When the uninstall is complete you can download the 2010 product. As you did not mentioned the product you have purchased, please check the below link:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21241

Last but not least I do spend a lot of time on this forum, however you are not the only one asking for assistance. Considering the language and repeated insults you sent in your email, I do consider that was normal for your messages to be ignored. I have looked into it

Regarding the infection issue, what was the name of the trojan found by Ad Aware ?

Why not simply do a recall and have everyone use the more friendly 2010 version? I know thats not your call.

It everyone's call to either upgrade to 2011 or keep the 2010 version as already mentioned above.

• BitDefender should charge a fee for that uninstall tool DanyDan, their stock might go up.

The prompt reply was suprising but much appreciated. Thank you.

• I'm trying my best to answer all questions in a decent time frame. If you have any further queries feel free to contact me anytime!

This discussion has been closed.