Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Silent/unattended Installation

Options

Is there a way to install Bitdefender antivirus 2011 silently? And if yes, what are available options/switches?

Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello,

First and foremost I would like to inform you that the silent install option is not yet fully tested therefore BitDefender can not be held responsible for any further issues caused by a faulty silent installation.

I have made a test earlier today and everything went OK on my end. You can silently install BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 by typing in the command prompt:

1. Save the BitDefender kit from the location below according to your computer architecture (32bit ; 64bit) on your Desktop;

2. Click on the Start menu button and go to Run

3. Type cmd and press Enter

4. In the new window type:

cd Desktop

and hit Enter

bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b.exe /C:”setup.exe /qn REBOOT=supress”

and hit Enter

That will start the installation. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

• bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b.exe /C:”setup.exe /qn REBOOT=supress”

Do you know if this will not work with the 64-bit installer? I have tried and tried again to get it to install silently but not only does it prompt me to get an updated version, it also seems to not be a silent install. It prompts me with EULA and the rest of the installer manually. The one I downloaded was from here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2011_64b.exe

Do you have any further info on how to get this to work? Possibly with an option to suppress update checking?

• Just noticed one thing that couple potentially cause problems - it's "suppress", not "supress". It didn't seem to help me with the 64-bit edition, but don't know about the 32-bit one.

• Tested it on the x86 system and worked. I will have a x64 system at the start of this next week and test it. I will let you know ASAP.

• Excellent, thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.