Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011

Options

Hi All,

Having just spent 14 hrs on trying to get BDIS 2011 installed on my existing Windows 7 x64 System i have thrown my hands in the air (Minus Keyboard), I have read all the post/Topic in the forum and followed every instruction but have still FAILED to get it working. I originally Was upgrading from BDIS 2010 but failed as can't just install over the top (even though is say's i can). Then tried a clean install by using old uninstall tool but failed. then updated tool and tried that. Still no Good. Used updated unistall tool and the ccleaner as per forum. Still no go. Then even tried removing things from computer to try and clean up and even an old problem with realtek Teaming drivers. Nope still not working correctly. Installed/Upgraded other computers Windows 7 x32 No Problems first go and both worked. I have submitted three reports now with information hoping to find the problem. this is what i have noticed is wrong.

*vsserv.exe is running between 48-52% CPU Usage

*After Install in control panel Dashboard(General Tab) Bitdefender Account: "No Account Created" (Under license Info it is registered to my account)

*Under Antivirus Module (Shield Tab) Realtime Protection Active even through under virus scan tab module is unavailable

*AntiSpam Module Unavailable

* It Failes to communicate with Bitdefender Security Service in the firewall Tab (unable to see any devices or network or anything)

And Much More

I am like Everybody else i have had enough this should have been fixed before released. i have offered many times to beta test but never get a response i test with other company like logitech and microsoft and have never had a single problem. as i have said 32bit works fine but 64bit on a upgrade or exisiting system fail's.

Please fix this up i have 5 licenses i will not be renewing next year and will no long recommend bitdefender to many of my clients if this is not corrected like it should have been before released. Back to ESET Nod32 Next year whom i came across from 2 years ago.

Comments

• I have a different product (BDAV) installed on my Win7 x64 and it is working fine. You didn't say if you have left BDIS installed, so I am assuming not.

If you would like BD tech support to investigate, please follow these steps:

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

• I have done three system, dumps before via the BDIS2011 and have had them sent from within software. I currently have BDIS2011 installed but will be uninstalling it if not corrected by monday perth time as will be away for period of time and will not have access to system. My system is coping at the moment but still has the 50% cpu usage.

Paul <_<:unsure:

• I have done three system, dumps before via the BDIS2011 and have had them sent from within software. I currently have BDIS2011 installed but will be uninstalling it if not corrected by monday perth time as will be away for period of time and will not have access to system. My system is coping at the moment but still has the 50% cpu usage.

Paul <_<:unsure:

Please follow these slightly altered steps to submit the log files directly to tech support and NOT 'sent from within software' so that they will get quicker attention:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about this particular PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take a few days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi,

Mellorpc your assigned ticket ID is:201010231005205. Please check your email for further instructions.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hi,

Mellorpc your assigned ticket ID is:201010231005205. Please check your email for further instructions.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

Follwed Instructions And Install has still failed. Will do as garry As has suggested to try and assist you.

• Follwed Instructions And Install has still failed. Will do as garry As has suggested to try and assist you.

Thanks,

Although we still haven't completely fixed the problem we will try again. It was a brilliant effort i received to fix my issue and very fast :).

We Will get there once new hardware has arrived will do a Fresh install. (Working around the problem but happy with that for now)

Paul

This discussion has been closed.