Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getting Locked Out Of All Websites On Firefox

Options
esoeralaya
edited October 2010 in Old topics

Occasionally I get locked out of all websites, ie. www.google.com and I receive a message,

BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender included objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected.

All current websites that I'm accessing will receive the same message if I try to move to another page. This just started to happen today, nothing out of the ordinary was installed recently, at least not to my knowledge and I did do a full system scan. Then waiting after a few minutes, I can begin to use firefox and browse the web. All transfers downloads and uploads are halted during this time as well.

win7 64-bit

BD Inet Security 2011

Firefox 3.6.11

Comments

• Same issue here. It even blocks google.com.

win7 64-bit

BD Inet Security 2011

Firefox 3.6.11

• I have sent you both an email to the registered email address associated with your forum account. Please reply with the requested info or confirm that the issue has been resolved.

We have resolved it last night so I do believe that you shouldn't encounter it anymore.

Regards,

• We have resolved it last night so I do believe that you shouldn't encounter it anymore.

Unfortunately I still have this problem. I did the following:

- Manually updated Bitdefender. My current version: engine: 7.34460; signatures: 6405780.

- Cleared recent history in Firefox (everything)

- Restarted the computer

I was able to browse the web for some time but it again started blocking websites. It usually comes back after closing the browser/waiting couple minutes.

Thanks

• BDuser - If you haven't already read it, DanyDan recently posted this pinned topic with a resolution. Please follow his instructions and post your results in that topic.

Thank you,

• BDuser - If you haven't already read it, DanyDan recently posted this pinned topic with a resolution. Please follow his instructions and post your results in that topic.

Thank you,

Thanks nikki605,

I got in my email, followed the instructions and the problem is still there...

Thank you,

The solution do Not work for me. I have been using Bitdefender since 2008 version and have been happy until 2010.

Real Time Protection feature randomly blocking any of my internet connectivity such as Firefox, IE, PPlive, Win7 Gadgets that getting to the internet and etc. In order to get it working again, I have to unchecked the box and stop it permanently. (oh, don't worry, the next reboot, it will mysteriously coming back and enable again). So this problem not specific to cache in those internet explorers. It's global to anything getting out to the internet. It simply block everything going out to the internet.

Randomly after booting up the machine, a few of the Bitdefender modules do not start up. I have reboot again and sometimes couple times.

When the anti virus is scanning, I cannot stop it immediately. It takes 5-10 minutes to have it stop and worse, some of the schedule/task buttons simply disappeared from the menu. Sometimes, the whole menu just blank "The Virus Scan module in unavailable". I do not understand how Bitdefender 2011 works! The behavior of the menu so unpredictable.

Also, why did the Dashboard showing 0s for Scanned files, Disinfected files and Infected files detected while the last scan was completed? In Bitdefender 2010, it used to report file scanned and etc and ongoing basis.

I can tolerate the major issue in Bitdefender 2011 that happened where it quarantined all legit programs but I could not tolerate the problems above.

The quality is going down hill ........

The last time I quit using Norton was almost 8 years ago. I hope I don't have to get to that point.

• Hello DB_Screwed,

I believe you have more issues with BitDefender not just the Blocked websites one. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.