Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti Virus Status Critical

Options

^ thats the warning I'm getting, but what do I do about it and what does it mean?

'view and fix' does not resolve the issue

Thanks in advance for your help.

I see that other people have posted on the same topic, but I dont understand the computer language used in the responses to their similar queries.

(only just installed product today)

Comments

• Hello,

What exactly is the issue you are facing ? Please provide me with more details and, if possible, a screenshot of the error message you may receive.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program: click on "Start -> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Save the file as JPG then attach it as a reply to this topic.

Regards,

• Hello,

What exactly is the issue you are facing ? Please provide me with more details

On the BitDefender Total Security 2011 'dashboard' there is a red exclamation mark at the top, and also one by the 'Security' tab.

When I go into the security tab there's a list of 6 items, 5 of them have an ok green tick by them, but the top item says

'antivirus status is critical (1 issues)'

to the right of this there is a 'view & fix' button.

when i click on view and fix, it brings up a page that says 'real time protefction is disabled' the box in front of this is ticked to be fixed but when i press 'start' it (after a couple of seconds) says 'failed'

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program: click on "Start -> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Save the file as JPG then attach it as a reply to this topic.

Regards,

I hope my above explanation is sufficient, because I can't work out how do do this screen shot thing. the only button on my keyboard that resembles what you describe is one that says 'END PRTSC', is that the one?

but when i press that i have no signal that anything is happening.

I then went into paint and clicked on 'paste' it brought up some of my pictures/documents etc, but i cant see the screenshot anywhere for me to use?

• Hi Dorothy,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• dorothy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hi Dorothy,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

You mean these steps here?:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Kind regards,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, I got as far number 3. Then I couldn't find 'supporttool.exe' so instead went on to the next part of clicking supporttool and selecting run as administrator. Then, I coudln't click on 'next' until i had checked the box, given a title and a description, and then I was able to click next, it took some time for the bar to fill up. and once it did I clicked the finish button. a message said that it had been sent. but I cannot find any file on my desktop to do anything further.

• thierry.jacobson@gmail.com
    edited November 2010
    Options

I set this post to invisible. It looked like SPAM to me. nikki605

At Autre produit Premium you can find products to perfectly match your requirements. bla bla bla

je ne suis pas au service de bit defender mais je trouve ce post déplacé et dépourvu de toute déontologie.

je n'acheterai pas auprès de cette société !

j'en ai contre cette société, sa façon d'agir et pas au niveau du produit qu'elle revend

This discussion has been closed.