Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

cheval de Troie détecté par Bitdefender sur un CD logiciel *** officiel ***

Options

Bonjour,

Je tente actuellement d'installer un vieux logiciel, BAYO Photo Exploreur version 1.05 sur mon PC flambant neuf sous Windows 10 Professionnel. J'ai auparavant réussi à installer sans problème le logiciel BAYO Carto Exploreur, moyennant de l'exécuter en compatibilité Windows 98.

Le problème assez inattendu que je rencontre est le suivant : Bitdefender Total Security détecte un cheval de Troie sur le CD *** officiel *** contenant le logiciel et un autre sur celui contenant les données.

Bitdefender me donne même la chronologie de l'attaque qu'il dit avoir parée : voir les 3 photos jointes.

Après avoir consulté plusieurs sites sur Internet, une *** possibilité *** serait qu'il s'agisse d'un faux positif, lié à la façon dont la société Bayo a protégé son logiciel contre les utilisations frauduleuses. Mon logiciel a quant à lui été régulièrement acheté, ce n'est pas une copie piratée.

J'hésite beaucoup à placer le fichier incriminé BayoTools.exe dans les exceptions de Bitdefender Total Security et prendre le risque insensé de corrompre l'installation 100 % propre de mon nouveau PC.

C'est pour cela que j'aimerais avoir l'avis de personnes plus savantes que moi à ce sujet ; peut-être ce problème particulier est-il connu des experts ?

D'avance merci pour votre réponse !

Jérôme.

Réponses

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Can you upload the file on virustotal.com and share the link here so that it can be confirmed whether the file in question is really malicious or just a false positive.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• savoy
    savoy ✭✭✭
    Options

Bonjour,

Il est impossible d'envoyer le fichier BayoTools.exe à virustotal.com

En effet, même en étant connecté à mon PC en compte administrateur, j'obtiens le message suivant :

🤬🤬🤬

Jérôme.

• Flexx
    Options

Can you upload the file here so that it can be checked.

Regards

• savoy
    savoy ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I've tried to send here the *** CD file *** named "BayoTools.exe" but I get the same message as before : the file has the READ-ONLY attribute so I can't copy/paste it. It's really frustrating !

I've tried to open the file with Notepad++ and Notepad++ can't open it.

I get the same result with HxD (hexadecimal editor).

I've also tried to get the SHA256 hashcode of the file (in the cmd window) and even for this I get the message "access denied" !

A new analysis of this file with Bitdefender Total Security (it's the only thing I can do) gives exactly the same result I mentioned in my first message : "infected file detected and blocked".

And it seems that VirusTotal can only analyze uploaded files ... 😕

So : do I have a "no-solution problem" ?

Jerome.

I

• Flexx
    Options

Check if this helps

1) Temporarily disable Bitdefender Protection: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28557/

2) Upload the file to virustotal.com and share the link

3) Re-enable real time protection in Bitdefender.

Regards

• savoy
    savoy ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again,

The impossibility of uploading the file to virustotal.com is not caused by Bitdefender but by the READ-ONLY attribute of the file because this file is on the official Bayo *** DVD-ROM *** (and not on a USB flash drive nor on my PC).

So : I can't change anything in the file, and especially the READ-ONLY attribute.

The only possible thing is to download an analyzer (such as Bitdefender) because the file is unmovable from the DVD-ROM.

Maybe does it exist a Bitdefender tool which gives more information about a file in which a trojan is found ?

Jerome.

• Flexx
    Options

Of course if it is a dvd/cd, the file will not get removed.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD do you have any possible solution here.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

My recommendation would be to reach the Support engineers because if this is a false positive, they can clear it out. You can get in touch with our French speaking engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.fr/consumer/support/aide/

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user