Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I change my subscription

Options
LENUL
LENUL Sir
Modifié (novembre 2023) dans Central et abonnements

I have changed from TOTAL SECURITY TO PREMIUM VPN

I can't install the new one and my previous subscrition is still available until end of this month

Do I have to uninstall the first one to activate the second one

Mu dashboard indicate only the TOTAL SECURITY ( last days) and does'nt mention the PREMIUM

KR , Karl

Réponses

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi LENUL,

If you do not mind to ask your question on the German spoken site. (it is the French dedicated site here)

If I understand your issue, you cancelled Bitdefender Total Security simply to get the Bitdefender VPN premium. Am I right? Or you talk of the free limited version of the VPN in the Total Security ?

Do not forget to cancel the auto-renewal.

I think you should contact Bitdefender support site:

The contact in the German spoken site is:

Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• LENUL
    Options

You're rigth :D

I see the information abotu my TOTAL SECURITY and if I want ro install PREMIUM it doesn't work

Maybe I have to wait untill the end of my previous TOTAL ( 7 days) and then install PREMIUM or uninstall TOTAL and after that install PREMIUM?

Thank you for your advice

Have a good WE KARL

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Modifié (novembre 2023)
    Options

Hi LENUL,

You'd better cancel the auto-renewal of the old TS formula;

Then you wait for the end of the subscription, you deinstall the TS software, check your Bitdefender Central, then only after you install the new Premium software.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I'll jump in here as well to shed some light on this 😃

So, as it stands right now, @LENUL your previous Total Security license will expire in 10 days and your new Premium Security license is active and valid until October 2024. Both licenses currently have the automatic renewal feature disabled and will run in parallel until Total Security expires.

The reason why you have two licenses temporarily overlapping in Central is because the two products are not identical, thus the existing Total Security license could not be extended using an activation code for Premium Security. Whenever you choose to upgrade to a superior product, it's not necessary to uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender, because the antivirus will update itself according to the license/subscription running in the Central account linked to the software.

After Total Security expires in a few days, all devices that were previously protected by this license will be automatically reallocated to the next license that can cover them, in this case your new Premium Security.

You can also reallocate or transfer your devices manually to the new license by following the steps described in this article:

I hope the information is useful. Thank you for choosing to renew your cybersecurity solution with Bitdefender and for joining this great community! 😉

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• LENUL
    Options

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR THIS CONFIRMATION and for taking time to answer so clearly

Have a good day

KArl