Bitdefender mobile security, app anomaly scans false detection?

Good day, I have this new problem again this app anomaly features, has detected 1 app. I don't know which app has been detected

but I tried going to the reports section, and find and review all the past detection. and I didn't seen any malware detection and app anomaly detection history in it so any thoughts in it? Also you can proceed to view it on the pic bellow.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 1

App Anomaly Detection: This is a feature in Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android that monitors app behavior for suspicious activities. Unlike signature-based detection, it doesn't rely on pre-defined malware signatures.

For more information, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Also, @agozob can provide some insight here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I see… but I really hope you can answer this for me. I think this is a false app anomaly detection scan. since I didn't receive any report of the detection as you seen in the pic above. but I really hope this @agozob person can give me an understandable answer about this…

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@agozob is a malware researcher and product developer for Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android. Kindly wait until he replies on Monday since it is the weekend.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    We are here to help in the best possible way and after checking the screenshot you have provided us earlier, we can see and confirm that everything looks in order and that the app anomaly detection option is properly enabled and functioning properly and moreover, that no threats were detected on your device.
    Please let us know if you have noticed anything out of place in this regard or if you have any further concerns about the app anomaly detection scan and we will properly proceed further and happily assist.
    Have a great day!

Good day again. this is what the bitdefender support center said when I send them the report. So anyway what's your thoughts on this? Am I really safe now?

• agozob
    agozob Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence Lab BD Staff

Hi there,

@Edwardsville you're right, the screenshots show that there are no threats on the device.

What you see in the interface is one App Anomaly scan. That simply means that the feature analyzed one action that an app on your device performed, that could have been malicious but it was not. You will know when a malicious app is detected by App Anomaly Detection because you will be alerted and the app will show up in the Malware Scanner tab.

It's great that you're vigilant :) Rest assured that your device is clean.