Online Threat Prevention Exceptions

When I add a website to the exceptions list, I expect it to be excepted from the software. I paid for the software to work on my systems, I expect it to work when I want it to and to NOT work when I do not want it to. What other reason is there for an "Exception" list to exist. I am reading that since the website I added to the exception list is still blocked by my program, that I should submit the website to Bitdefender as a "false positive". WHAT IS THE EXCEPTION LIST FOR? Is it a suggestion list, is it a note list to give me a note as to the sites that I want to exempt but need to ask some other company to review my decision? IF I ADD A WEBSITE TO AN EXCEPTION LIST, IT SHOULD BE EXCEPTED FROM THE PROGRAM. Am I wrong? For now the only solution I have is to disable completely the Online Threat Prevention portion of the program that I am paying for but cannot use since I have no control over it. What the hell guys? This will seriously impact my decision to renew my services with your company.

Comments

• Hi,

Ensure the website is correctly added to the exception list:

1. Open Bitdefender > Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Settings > Manage exceptions.
    2. Confirm the website is listed correctly.

If still blocked, submit the website as a false positive:

1. Visit Bitdefender Central > Support > Submit as false positive.

For a temporary fix, disable the specific module:

1. Open Bitdefender > Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Toggle off the blocking feature.

hope this helps!

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited June 28

Kindly check the provided link: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1519/

If you believe that a website or file has been incorrectly blocked by Bitdefender, you can share the details with our malware researchers by filling out the form at the link provided below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/

If the website or file is indeed incorrectly blocked, the detection will be removed within a maximum of 72 hours. However, if the detection still persists after 72 hours, please consider the website or file as malicious, as determined by our malware researchers, and the detection will remain.

For more information, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited June 28

@sam.kim168960

Ensure the website is correctly added to the exception list:

Open Bitdefender > Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Settings > Manage exceptions.
    Confirm the website is listed correctly..

The information you provided is correct, but if possible and available, share the Bitdefender support articles for the queries asked by users. This way, additional information for troubleshooting issues is also provided.

If still blocked, submit the website as a false positive:

Visit Bitdefender Central > Support > Submit as false positive.

The submission website isn't directly accessible by going to the Bitdefender Central website and then clicking on support. Instead, clicking on support redirects to the support website rather than the submit false positive website. Kindly verify the information in the future before providing it to users. Also, it might be more helpful to provide direct links to avoid guiding users through a lengthy process of contacting support.

@Alexandru_BD

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Inikosoft-Zach,

Can you access that website in another browser? Also, is the website accessible using incognito mode? I'm asking this because your browser might be caching a previous version of the site or the block page, that is before the exception was added for OTP. Try clearing your browser's cache or accessing the site in incognito mode and see how it goes. Also, keep in mind that your system's DNS cache might still hold the block information. You can clear your DNS cache by running the command ipconfig /flushdns in a CMD window.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user