Does Bitdefender Total Security include an anti virus software or does it only scan for malware?

I'm a bit confused.. When I go to the BitDefender Central page. Under "My device" I can click on my desktop… After clicking on my desktop I have the choice to scan and detect my computer for "Malware". It says nothing about viruses so I'm a bit worried that this software only scans for Malware, and not viruses.

So does Bitdefender Total Security include an anti-virus software or is it only for scanning for malware?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited August 22

Bitdefender Total Security includes antivirus software. While the term "malware" broadly encompasses various types of malicious software, including viruses, worms, ransomware, spyware, and trojans, the use of "malware" in Bitdefender Central's scan option doesn't imply exclusion of viruses. Instead, it reflects a more comprehensive approach to identifying threats during scans.

Rest assured, Bitdefender Total Security effectively protects your computer from viruses and other types of malware.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Raika,

What you see there is the remote actions section in your Central account. This is not from the actual product UI. You can use the Bitdefender account to activate subscriptions, install protection, manage your devices, view your invoices, and modify your account settings.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2255/

The Bitdefender product user interface looks like this:

And yes, it does provide complete protection. You can bring up Bitdefender from your desktop icon, or from the systray.

If you have any questions or need help, we are here.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user