Can You Add The Ability To Open Vault Files?

AJ777
AJ777
edited January 2022 in General Topics

Can you add the ability to open vault files? Also, what is the chance of a firewall? Thank You.

Comments

• hdfaster
    hdfaster
    edited October 2020

That would be great! I have transferred the bvd vault file using the instructions given, but I can't open it because it is a BVD file format. Please tell me how I can open the transferred vault files.

• It's impossible to open a vault with the last version of bitdefender. The "File Vault Transfer Utility" does not work. I'm not the only one in this situation look the reddit page of bitdefender. Already 2 post on this problem.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited October 2020

Hi Member's,

This is to inform you that file vault has been removed from 2021 line of bitdefender consumer product since according to bitdefender support everything is moving to cloud.

The best way for you to extract your vault files is to uninstall the current version of bitdefender 2021 and download the bitdefender 2020 line of product. But since the installer available on the bitdefender website and on the bitdefender central will download the latest 2021 version of the product, the only way to download the version 2020 is by the standalone installer and that too of total security since there is no standalone installer available for antivirus plus or internet security.

BTS 2020 (32 bit) - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2020/all/bitdefender_ts_24_32b.exe

BTS 2020 (64 bit) - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2020/all/bitdefender_ts_24_64b.exe

After you successfully download the required total security 2020 version from above link, make a temporary bitdefender central account from another email address so that you will get a trial of 30 days. After activating the product, disconnect your internet to stop the force upgrade to total security 2021 version.

You can use the file vault in total security to extract your file details and save it to some other place. When you are done you can uninstall the total security 2020 and can install the internet security 2021 from the bitdefender online website or from your original bitdefender central account.

I know this is a lengthy process but this is the only way to help you extract your vault files.

I have tagged bitdefender staff members to see if they can help you in some other way @Alex D., @Andy_BD. As far as I know the above mentioned steps is the only fix to your query.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)