Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to unblock an identified threat when software is not a threat

Options

The software is DriverMax.

Best Answers

• Razinbrain
    Answer ✓
    Options

I believe I have it. Restore quarantine items. Had to create a rule for every block by copy and paste from the block.

Ran a scan and no blocks. Took about 45mis.

Thanks

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi Member,

DriverMax is not a threat but a PUP/ PUA (potentially unwanted program/ application). Each AV vendor has its own rules to classify a file as PUP/ PUA.

If you want, you can set the application as an Exception in Bitdefender and continue using it without Bitdefender interfering in between.

Kindly have a look at below link as to how to set up exception in Bitdefender.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13427/

If this helps, kindly mark answer as accepted.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Razinbrain
    Options

Thanks and will mark it once I try it out.

Razinbrain

• Razinbrain
    Options

the solution is a "cycle affect" meaning two things.; if the software, drivermax, is installed first then bitdefender, bitdefender removes desktop shortcut. When you make an exception then try to reinstall drivermax it states it cannot install as the program is running.

I will try to install bitdefender turn everything off, install drivermax and try to set the exception rule provided bitdefender doesn't stop the process

Thanks