Weird threats: would love advice (and reassurance?)

Hi everyone,

I own a copy of Bitdefender total 2020.

The problems happened when I opened Opera and then opened Edge. I did not click on any link or anything. And then I got three threats in a row! See picture below.

I was happy to see that Bitdefender blocked them. However, Bitdefender "you might want to use Safepay to do transactions online" would not stop popping up even when I closed it.

So I turned off my wifi connection. 5 min later, Bitdefender was informing me that "media Autorun" is enabled. So I disabled it.

MY QUESTION: do you think my computer is still at risk or should it be fine? Bitdefender labels my computer as safe in my account but I would like to be sure.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

(I am currently running a full system scan)

Comments

• The full system scan just came back. It detected no threats. Should is still worry or take any measures?

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

@Timobee1_

You are very well protected by bitdefender and you should not worry at all. If the scan has come clean, then it means your system is healthy and free from any malware.

Secondly, bitdefender showed you the notification related to using safepay browser. Safepay browser is very well designed to handle your banking transactions so that you are protected from hackers and phishing activity. It creates a sealed environment to make your transaction safe without any interruption.

More about bitdefender safepay : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2051/

Third, as per the image attached it can be easily seen that bitdefender had successfully blocked the phishing & malicious website and no harm was done to your system.

Fourth, autorun virus are old but they do exists. Hence it is advised to disable the autorun feature which bitdefender did in your case so that you may be protected from any autorun virus infecting your computer (if found)

In total, bitdefender protected you from all the malicious activities and you can totally rely on it.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.