Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New activation code to my daughter

Options
Larry_Jack9
edited February 2022 in Central and Subscriptions

Hi Just registered for first time with BitDefender.

My heavens - I would not describe the consumer journey and simple and easy to implement!

I managed to send a "key?" to my daughter Hannah Scott and its is asking her for an activation code?

I presume her device will show up on my dashboard once she managed to sign in?

We both tried to sign in to licences bought by her brother in the Netherlands and I presume we both could not use those licences as we are in New Zealand?

I therefore bought my own licence here in New Zealand

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi Member,

Maybe the bitdefender license that was bought was country specific. But once the product is activated from the same country from where it is bought, then even if you are in any other country, the bitdefender product will work and receive updates from its headquarters which is situated in Romania. Also it will show the devices in central.

Now there are 2 cases :

1) If the license was bought in netherlands and you activated the license in that country only, then everything should have worked fine.

2) If the license was bought in netherlands and you tried to activate in new zealand, it may end up showing you error due to country specific license.

If you need more help, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Larry_Jack9
    Options

Hannah Scott my daughter has downloaded from the link I sent her and its still asking for an activation key ad does not reflect on my dashboard.

Whether the link came from outside NZ or NZ the user experience is the same.

• Flexx
    Options

Kindly answer 2 question !

1) Which product are you both using of bitdefender ?

2) How many devices does your license holds, note if license covers only 1 device then it will work on only 1 device ?

Regards

Flex

• Larry_Jack9
    Options

I seem top have been able to protect the surface pro I am working on now. Would the other device be Hannahs? She is at another location in NZ? Hannah asked today if she was to create her own login for the Bitdefender Central or would she have to use mine to get her licence activated?

• Flexx
    Options

1) Can you go into my subscription tab in central and share the screenshot.

2) If your license holds more than 1 devices, your daughter does not needs to create another bitdefender account, she can use your account, but that depends on the number of device your license holds, and for that please check and answer the question asked in first point.

Regards

Flex

• Larry_Jack9
    Options

OK question answered. She has to login with my account using her device. Correct.

Ill try sort with her this weekend.

Thanks for your trouble.

I still find it strange that the system allows you to e mail a link to whomever you please and when received still asks for an activation code or gives you the option of starting a free trial.

Any way hope by the weekend just to have viral protection on our home devices.

• Flexx
    Options

If you require any further help regarding your query, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com 

Regards

Flex