i was sent here by Bitdefender support because Bitdefender Free Edition

PPaddy
PPaddy
edited August 2020 in Install activation

I haven't even installed the free version of bit defender yet.

download takes forever, currently averaging less than 50 KB/s on a 50 Mbps connection.

no, the pc isn't the problem nor is the connection. Can happily peg wifi throughput downloading steam games.

can this forum advise on this issue?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

This issue seems to be on a network side so there is actually no known applicable help that can be provided in this case, since the product is getting downloaded in your case whether it be at 50kbps. This has nothing to do with bitdefender related issue.

On present system, I am having 200 mbps connection and can easily download free version at 1-2 mbps, so if i am able to download at speed of 1-2 mbps on 200 mbps connection, your is still 50 mbps connection which somewhat holds true for your download at 50 kbps.

The ideal rule of internet speed is as follow, but is not always true.

download speed = surfing speed/8

upload speed = download speed/5

I am sorry to say but bitdefender servers are working fine & nothing can be done in this case. However, try below things, but they may hardly affect the download speed.

Open run command again and run below command one by one :

temp ,delete all the files in the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in folder

If the speed still remains same, nothing more can be done, since as previously said, bitdefender servers are working fine.

@Alex D. @Andy_BD

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)