I purchased Total Security but when I went to load it, what loaded was the antivirus

So I assumed I would get Total Security not just the antivirus for mac when I renewed my product. Are they the same? or am I paying a lot for something that is limited?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

The only advantage here is that the single key of bitdefender total security will activate all the products of bitdefender, be it windows, mac, android or ios. But for different OS you will have to download product that is made for them.

All functions of total security is limited to windows OS only. For other OS it is the same single key that is used to activate the product.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• that doesn't help me. I asked, I purchaced Total Security for Mac, and when I downloaded and loaded it, I see antivirus for mac. I have been working with software downloads for a while. I know I downloaded correctly, but each time I ran the uninstaller, then downloaded the package. Just needed a clairification. FLEX all you did is tell me that the key is the same for all packages that I purchased and I know that, but then if it is only for Windows, shouldn't Bitdefender spend the time renaming their packages so there are no quesitons like mine?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Well there is no bitdefender product named as total security for mac & never it was in the past. The only motive of including the name of other OS with total security was related to use of one key for all OS types. And this thing is not limited to bitdefender only. It applies almost to every AV vendor on the market, be it kaspersky total security, eset premium security etc. All have the same rule.

But limiting your question to bitdefender products, since bitdefender has only one product developed for macOS (antivirus for mac), naming the the total security version also as total security for mac will not be of any use as per me, because then antivirus for mac & total security for mac will have only different name whereas their packages and function/ layout will be exact same. And some people only have macOS, so they only download antivirus for mac. So there is no sense of naming the product as total security for mac.

But when it comes down to windows, windows has three different product, antivirus, internet security and total security which differs in features and preferences and hence the name holds true for windows os with respect to total security.

Additionally, if you want to share your feedback, you can always drop an email bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)