Can't write to or change files in my Documents, Videos or Pictures folder after Bitdefender Update.

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I recently had to update to the latest version of Bitdefender (Actually just rebooted).

The interface has changed completely, which is fine, but today I realized I could no longer write to my documents folders. I can read the files that are already there, but I can no longer edit them.

It asks for elevated privileges, but none of my administrator accounts work. Even the administrator accounts can't write to their own documnents folders.

The first thing that came to mind was the "Safe Files" module that always required apps to be given permission to write to those folders. I couldn't find it on the new version, but it turns out it's been removed. So I think the remnants of the safe files module is what's locking me out.

Is there maybe an easy fix for this? I'm thinking that uninstalling the app completely might work. If not, reinstalling an old version may be a temporary fix.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've never experienced anything like this before.

Thanks in advance.

Answers