Partioned Mac

tcthebusybee
edited January 2022 in Install & Updates

I have an iMac which is partitioned (also running Windows 10)

I have installed BItdefender on the Mac but when I try to download and install it on the 'Windows side' as one of my extra devices (which I assume I need to do to protect it) it just installs a free 30 day trial

Any advice please?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

This may be probably due to the registration of your hardware device ID with your central account. Whether you partition your OS or not, the device ID is based on hardware. So since device ID is already registered under central for macOS, hence your windows OS will not get activated & you will have to continue using the trial version until 30 days or best would be using the free version of bitdefender for windows which will never expire and will provide all the basic security like malware protection & malicious/ phishing website protection.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks. I have the 30 day trial up and running but once this expires I am not clear how I access the free version for Windows

Regards

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

You will have to just uninstall the commercial version & install the free version from the bitdefender website only.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)