Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD AV Free 2020 not starting at Win 7 boot

Gigi
Gigi
edited February 2022 in Antivirus Free

Hello

I have installed AV BD Free latest version (2020) on a PC with Win 7, but the AV (vsserv.exe) doesn't start automatically at PC startup. I have all the updates on Win 7, I have also installed and uninstalled BD multiple times using also the uninstall tool from the site.

All the BD services are running, excepting the vsserv.exe. It tries to start (says Starting in processes view) but it stops. I can start it manually afterwards but even then I must try 2-3 times --> it gives an error at first trial that sevice didn't respond in time.

Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query. Your issue can be resolved by support only. Since you are using free version, the support may tell you to submit your issue on the bitdefender forum/ community. Reply them back by saying to share the issue with development team, since the issue is related to the product.

NOTE : Bitdefender support does not deals with free product and transfers every free user to bitdefender forum/ community regarding any help. But the cases like these where the issue is with the product you will have to personally specify them to share it with development team.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019 /2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello Flex, their support for free users is very poor, they keep sending mails to go back to forum without even reading that I have already posted my issue here .

Finally they answered after few mails from my side, but in the meantime I managed to solve the issue myself.

It's seems to be related to a start timeout, I looked on the web and one register must be modified in Win to allow more time at boot. However this is the only service that needs so much time, I think they should look into it anyway.

I attach the prtscr with the reg change for other users who might have this issue and for BD staff that should solve technical problems.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Nice to know your issue has been resolved.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)