BitDefender for Android - key loggers

hmac_1
hmac_1
edited November 2020 in General

Hello

I have BitDefender Total on my mobile (android) and laptop. I would like to scan for key loggers. I can see where this setting is on my laptop BitDefender application but cannot see where this is on the mobile version. Does a scan check for key loggers on android?

Best Answer

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Android product scans for all type of malwares and pup/ pua (keylogger comes in the category of pup/ pua) and requires 24 hours of internet connectivity to keep you protected. The android product depends on cloud engine and cloud engine requires internet connectivity. So if the internet connectivity is not available, the android product is not of any use.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks Flex. That's very helpful. Was looking for more info about cloud engine. I can see there's a company called Cloud Engine. Do you mean the product depends on their services or do you mean some kind of concept/technology?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Talking specific about android, bitdefender has a cloud technology, or in simple term server. When you scan your android with BMS, it first collects the list of applications present on your device and then sends that list to its server and if any application is detected as malicious by the server the warning appears on your device in BMS.

Like other AV which store the malware database on your device, bitdefender approach is towards the cloud technology instead of downloading malware database on user smartphone.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)