Great Product - lousy customer service and VPN?

I am presently on the last few days of a trial on the top of the product line that promises priority next in line customer service. I have had 5 requests for help and the fastest response was 21 hours. Presently I have 2 waiting for response from over 20 hours ago. It took 6 hours just to acknowledge receipt of some. I have called and they said they would correct it. That was a week ago. Also, I strongly recommend you check your computer speed with Ookla when you use their VPN . Check it before you activate it and then after. I get a 75% loss in speed and if they happen to route you through a Moscow server you will get some websites (Papa Johns Pizza) in Russian. Good luck. You will need it.

Answers

• Havent tried the VPN yet but interesting to read about the potential speed reduction. I would expect some limitations across a VPN but that is quite heavy.

As for your comment about getting Russian sites when going through a Russian server, that exactly how a VPN works and indicates it is doing it job! Many sites now automatically detect your location based on various factor and IP address is a key one. If you have a Russian IP Address (which is what you would expect if you are using a Russian VPN server) the site will automatically display in that language. It generally take a couple of seconds to change it.

edited December 2020

Been using the VPN for about a week now, so far I am very disappointed and regret purchasing. The automatic connect feature does not even register clicking the enable button for me, as in it would enable auto connect when you start your PC, but instead computer connects to internet with no VPN security NOT TO MENTION while internet kill switch is enabled (internet kill switch feature in product is suppose to disable internet anytime VPN is malfunctioning or not connected) VPN has not been working at all for the past 4 or 5 hours currently. Bitdefender VPN error code 100 message states "Please restart your computer" I have restarted 3 or 4 times and still same results, no VPN connection with same error, tried connecting to different servers and still no results. I get this on a regular basis paying for service and getting nothing for it.

• "Been using the VPN for about a week now, so far I am very disappointed and regret purchasing. The automatic connect feature does not even register clicking the enable button for me, as in it would enable auto connect when you start your PC, but instead computer connects to internet with no VPN security NOT TO MENTION while internet kill switch is enabled (internet kill switch feature in product is suppose to disable internet anytime VPN is malfunctioning or not connected) VPN has not been working at all for the past 4 or 5 hours currently. Bitdefender VPN error code 100 message states "Please restart your computer" I have restarted 3 or 4 times and still same results, no VPN connection with same error, tried connecting to different servers and still no results. I get this on a regular basis paying for service and getting nothing for it."

After reinstalling & reassigning device for VPN it seems to have connected.

I was aiming for a VPN service with an auto connect as soon as PC boots. Startup feature and internet kill switch both enables in the settings does not result in auto connect while internet is fully up and running.

• Seems to be slightly more reliable than a week ago..