Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

unable to schedule full scan

Options

Up until recently I was able to set and schedule a weekly full scan. However, now, when I do this (I noticed it wasn't kicking in at expected day and time [weekly]) it doesn't hold that setting when I review on restarting. Similarly true with custom scan. So I have to set full scan manually. Not really what I paid for. Any solutions that work and make sense, please?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Piepowder and welcome to the Community!

We have an ongoing thread concerning this and the issue was acknowledged by our engineers, which are currently working on a fix.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Many thanks for this. I am glad that I am not alone, as in the past with two other AV programme systems / products incompatibility with Windows (usually Windows update) became a deniable liability. Hopefully the bug will be sorted soon. Again my thanks and appreciation for attention and potential resolution.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You are most welcome, I am confident that our developers will get to the bottom of this shortly. I am monitoring the evolution of the investigation closely and will post an update on the main thread, as soon as I hear some news.

You are not alone and won't ever be if you have joined us here 😊

Cheers.

• Mike_BD
    Options

Latest release ( 26.0.10.45 ) addresses this. Let us know if issues persist or resurface.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Matter now resolved - many thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Piepowder we are happy to hear that and we appreciate your patience!

Stay safe.

• corsair2050
    edited August 2023
    Options

I see from this thread with Piepowder, this issue was supposedly resolved, but I can no longer find the place within the program to Create or Edit my Full Custom Scan to schedule the type of scan I want & when I want my computer to be tied up for hours! My previous settings seem to have disappeared & it tries to run the Full Custom Scan every time my computer restarts. I have to then cancel or do the scans (Quick, Full, Optimize or Vulnerability) manually.

Also, your User Guide is not available to view online or to download. Not happy! We have been loyal BD users for approximately 10 years!!

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @corsair2050

Kindly see if the article helps:

Make sure you didn't edit the System scan settings, as that can be configured to run at startup as well.

Also, see this post regarding the onboard user manual, and all of the manuals that can be downloaded and saved as a pdf file.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/