Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Failure

Options

Hi Everyone,

I've installed the following Bitdefender Total Security | Buidl 26.0.10.45

I have an issue across all browsers, when I try to download a legitamate .exe file from Whatsapp or a driver that has .exe file extension. It will result immediately in the browser throwing an error:-

Failed - Network Error

When I uninstall Bitdefender, the issue is resolved.

How do I resolve this? Will anyone be able to advise? Thank you!

Best,

Joe

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @djsandman13 and welcome to the Community!

Remnants from other oss I'd say is most likely the culprit. Do you have any other antivirus installed?

If no other security solutions are present, I would recomment to get in touch with the Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• DRosal
    Options

Same issue here. I've re-installed my OS from scratch and still have the same issue. The only way I've found to get stuff to download is to fully uninstall Bitdefender Total Security or log into my machine in safe mode with internet access. I've been working with Bitdefender support for a month now and they still have not been able to help. If anyone has a fix please let me know. This issue also affects game updates. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. It's hit or miss! When a game is unable to update I have to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security and run the update again for it to get the updates. Very inconvenient!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DRosal

I understand that turning off all the modules did not help and only uninstalling helped. Your ticket has been escalated to Tier 3 Technical, which means the issue is more complex than we thought.

I have noticed you have attached the Support log on the case. One of the engineers will get back to you as soon as the data is analyzed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Stay safe.

• @DRosal

Hi DRosal,

For me the issue still persist. I still have to uninstall the BD Total Security in order to use certain apps like Slack for my work.

Having BDTS running in the background still blocks out some apps and screws up Gmail for me.

Kind regards!

• I have a similar problem. I can't download anything with win 11 + chrome + Bitdefender.

The download starts slowly and hangs in few times. There's no a specific kind of file that is blocked.

I reinstalled windows, i installed chrome, i tried to download and everything goes normally.

Than I installed bitdefender and i can't download anything.

If i change browser using edge, all is normal... but that's not a solution.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

@Daki1977 @djsandman13

You should contact Consumer Support by email:

You'll be asked to send them Support Tool log, screenshots etc., so the support engineers can investigate your problem.

Don't get me wrong, but i'm pretty sure that nobody here in the community can help you.

• I have the same problem. I cannot download .exe-files since I installed Bitdefender Total Security. The problem exists in both Browsers, Chrome and Edge. If I uninstall Bitdefender, the downloads do work. What can I configure/customize in Bitdefender settings to allow the downloads?

• Same issue here, using PC with Windows 11 on Asus Rog Strix b550-A. My wife mostly uses it and she is not happy. Tried a number of things updated drivers etc. using a download manager as a work around to reinitiate downloads when they keep failing with the Network Error bug.

Was thinking about reinstalling the OS as a last resort when I found this thread.

Any help muchly appreciated; What is the recommended next steps here I guess raise a ticket but from the previous posts a number of tickets must have been raised already.

Manifests - Can surf the web fine, watch video content fine. Direct Downloads fail or installs of software that need to download content also fail.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

While this issue is already been escalate to respective department as per @Alexandru_BD , it might take some time for the relevant department to check on this and issue a fix for this.

While we have a dedicated support link as quoted by @Gjoksi79_ but in order to resolve the issue at earliest you can drop an email to the support team directly at bitsy@bitdefender.com and ask them to share your concern with the bitdefender developers.

Also attach bitdefender logs with the email. You can generate logs by visiting the below stated link, depending on whether or not you have Bitdefender installed on the affected computer.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Hope your issue gets resolved at earliest

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks mrmirakhur I'll send some logs through :)

• anyone has this problem resolved? i am struggling with this too

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @guitarboymarco,

Kindly get in touch with the Support Teams for further investigation. You can reach our engineers by choosing one of the available contact channels below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Regards.

• BoRiS GB
    Options

Did this ever get resolved as i`m having this exact issue with a new install of Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (x64) and the latest version of BD Total Security.

Chrome and Edge are both giving network failure error messages on downloading files. After uninstalling BitDefender downloads resume normally. I

I ahve tried turning off all protection individually in BD and nothing helps oyjer than a total uninstall.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance..

• Gjoksi
    Options

@BoRiS GB

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

or

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• BoRiS GB
    Options

Hi Gjoksi,

I tried all of the steps above that you shared and the problem still persists, I have now submitted a report and created a support ticket.

Thank you so much for your help.

• BoRiS GB
    Options

Hi Gjoksi,

I tried all of the steps above and the problem still persists, I have now submitted a report and created a support ticket.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Hello Everyone , I am also having the same issue , this is NOT acceptable from Bitdefender , being labeled one of the best security solution globally , I am quite surprised that an issue like this is still left untouched and even Unresolved !!

1- Bitdefender is installed

2- Noticeable Slowdown on Network

3 - Spotify , EA's Origin app , Netflixx , Streaming Services start lagging enen crashing with Network Errors

3- Microsift Edge , Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox all denying downloads to even begin from the following Browsers

I tried disabling all the modules and restarted the PC with the modules off , still no Luck the issues are still present

4 - Called Tech Support from Bitdefender , they tried changing the DNS Settings , Opened CMD and resetting my DNS Settings and IPv4 setting

to no Prevailing on fixing the issue , as shown Below they have sent me the email respectively...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Adam,

Thank you for contacting us and I hope you are doing well.

The best way to figure out which Bitdefender module is causing the issue you described would be to turn them off, one by one. The article below describes how to do so, in detail.

How to disable Bitdefender modules: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28557/

*NOTE: If the Bitdefender product you are using does not include all these features, disable the ones that you have.

If the matter is solved after disabling all these modules, please re-enable them just one at a time in order to identify the culprit module. 

The next step will be to generate and send me a Support Tool log, as described below, even if we do not find a culprit module.

How to generate a Support Tool Log:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

NOTE: Please make sure that you use the TRY TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE option as per the indications.

If you don't have Bitdefender installed, please download the Support Tool Log from the following location: https://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

Once you generate the log I need, please follow the steps below to upload them on our file sharing platform. It's the fastest and safest way to make sure I get them.

1. Click the following link: https://share.bitdefender.com/*/::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Type in the password: ************

3. Click on the "+" sign in the upper left corner of the page;

4. Select "Upload file" and browse to the location where you saved the data and upload it into the platform.

As soon as the files are up, please let me know that the process is complete, and I'll begin troubleshooting the situation you're experiencing.

Adam, if you get stuck at any point, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Gabriel B.

Customer Care Representative

End Quote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I find the Issue and resolve this issue , I will share on here to give guys the solution on how to fix this Big Issue !!!

I am a big Fan of Bitdefender and i believe they are competant enough to not have issues like this again.

• Flexx
    edited October 2022
    Options

If you have already uploaded the logs on the link generated by support team you will have to wait for sometime since the logs will be downloaded by support team, then support team will share it with the developers, developers will check on it and try to check on the logs. They will revert back to the support team and the support team will revert back to you.

This is a long process. It will take some time.

Rest @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD can check on this for you.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, hi @AdamFromAustralia, I hope you are well.

The support engineers have confirmed that they will conduct a remote intervention on your device, to gather more information and further investigate and fix this behavior. They will reply on the open case as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and last but not least, for being a Bitdefender fan and for sharing your findings with the community 🙂

Regards

• I also had the same issue with Bitdefender Total Security blocking a download from a known good website for a driver I needed.

Here is what I did to resolve the issue. Open the Bitdefender main app. I then clicked on the 'Protection' icon on the left side of the screen. On the right side I choose, 'Online Threat Prevention' and selected the settings. In Web Protection, I disabled 'web attack prevention'. This allowed me to then download the file I was looking for properly (without the Network error) from the web site. I re-enabled the web protection once my download was finished.

Hope that helps.

• Hi @Astrman

As I have noted previously that I have disabled all modules from Bitdefender and tried the download again , however the issue is still present and thus blocking the download , its definitely a bug in the software where BD is blocking any file with a file size larger than 50 MB , its not in my best interest to remove the software when i want to install relevant applications to my PC , it beats the idea of having a Antivirus with bitdefender to begin with , the kind engineers from technical support with bitdefender will further investigate , and its nice to see that they are willing to remote connect into my PC to have a better understanding !!

So far , they are living up to my expectations and are willing to help !

I'm curious to see what the issue is and keen to share with everyone on this thread !

Thankyou @Astrman and thankyou @Alexandru_BD

• BoRiS GB
    Options

I submitted my logs and report to support and haven`t heard anything back.

I have just built a new PC based on the latest AM5 platform just incase it was a problem with my old Intel hardware.

I tried to install Total Security again and it still does the same thing Blocking all downloads through Edge and Chrome browsers.

Don`t know what to do now, i`m running just using the basic windows defender suite..

Think i may have to change company and try another product. Any one used ESET or Kaspersky?

• Gjoksi
    Options

@BoRiS GB

Write your ticket number here, so @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) can see the ticket's number on Monday, when he will be back at the office, and can help you a lot for the issue to be solved in the fastest time possible. He can prioritize your ticket or even fordward the ticket to Tier 2 or Tier 3. Just wait for his response. Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @BoRiS GB,

I could not locate any open case using your e-mail address. Can you please PM me the ticket number so I can push this forward?

Thank you.

• AdamFromAustralia
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello @Alexandru_BD

I’d Like an Immediate update on this case 1007815936

As Bidefender is still not working with Windows 11 and the bug is still there , I am running out of patience in regards to your product and now would like my subscription extended from November 25 2022 --> December 25 2022 as the engineer Mihai managing this case offered and promised to extend my subscription should the fix not be available ,

Please reply back to me as soon as possible as I need Bitdefender to protect my PC that is unsecured at the time being

Thankyou kindly in advance

Regards ,

Adam Aridi.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @AdamFromAustralia,

I have located your open ticket and noticed that, the issue you have reported has been acknowledged by the Support engineers and our teams have received several inquiries on this topic, therefore this is now the subject of an ongoing technical investigation.

Kindly wait for our engineers to reply on the ticket with further updates. Unfortunately, there's nothing more we can do on the forum.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope the situation is resolved in a timely manner.

Regards

• VR
    Options

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue as mentioned above.

can you update regarding the progress of the investigation,

or should I open another ticket?

Thanks

BR

Vladi

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @VR,

I would recommend raising a ticket for our engineers, as this way they can keep you in the loop on the progress. You can use the link below to get in touch with them:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• BoRiS GB
    Options

Hi Alexandru,

I no longer have the ticket number. I have tried to resubmit a request for support but i can`t uplaod the log file as the Capita I`m not a robot security challenge is timing out when i click submit request.

I opened a chat window with bitdefender support (New Ticket from Chat 1008106357) and Fiona said she would send me an Email link i could send the file too. I haven`t had this email and can not upload the log file.

Any help you can give would be most welcome as i`m over 6 months with no protection form BD Total Security now now.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @BoRiS GB,

I have noticed the engineers replied to you on Sunday, 29th of January and provided steps to upload the logs on our file-sharing platform. Kindly refer to their email. In the event you can't find their message in your inbox, check your spam/junk folders as well, because sometimes their replies can end up there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• BoRiS GB
    Options

Hi Alexandru,

I have got the email. I have clicked the link filled in the form and attached the log file i have generated.

After completing the i am not a robot challenge and clicking submit to uplaod the Support request, the i am not a robot challenge times out and i can`t reclick it as it asks. me to do. The Support request just sits in limbo trying to upload and nothing happens.

I can`t send the Support request with the log file to you.. Thats what i said when i spoke in chat to your support staff.

• Im just gonna uninstall get a refund and switch back to malwarebytes this issue has clearly been going on for several months with no fix and to think for the past month or two I thought it was my internet causing this issue

• I can confirm as soon as I uninstalled it all my network failure download issues vanished

• Sorry for my late replies. I still have this issue! I’ve gave up a long time ago. When my subscription ends I will definitely be finding an alternative. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Flexx
    Options

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

• Yeah I rather not. I’ve been dealing with this for nearly a year and already got suckered into renewing my subscription once. Will not make the same mistake twice. As stated in my previous comment. I gave up a long time ago.

• To : Bitdefender Legal Department

15A Orhideelor Street

Bucharest, 062202

Romania

Subject: Notice of Intent to Sue for Damages, Loss of Funds, and Non-Responsive Communication

Dear Bitdefender Legal Department,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and frustration with the performance of Bitdefender's security software, as well as the lack of support and communication from your company. Despite my numerous attempts to resolve this matter amicably, I have been met with a deafening silence from your end. Consequently, I must regrettably inform you of my intent to pursue legal action against Bitdefender for damages, loss of funds, and non-helpful communication.

As a loyal and long-term customer, I relied on your company's reputation and assurances of delivering world-class security protection. However, your product has not only failed to perform as advertised but has also directly contributed to my financial losses and distress. My computer has not been working correctly due to your incompetant software and I would Like Compensation as I have since suffered significant monetary and data losses.

I have made countless efforts to contact your support team for assistance, but I have been utterly disappointed by the lack of responsiveness and ineffective communication. Despite my exhaustive attempts to mitigate the situation and seek a fair resolution, your company's unwillingness to provide adequate support has left me with no other option but to consider legal action.

In an effort to demonstrate my good faith, I would like to outline the steps I have taken to resolve this matter prior to escalating it to this level:

1. On [Oct 2022], I first reported the issue to this Forum , after countless emails , I have had an engineer log in to my computer and collect the issue from my computer
    2. I was promised on the next version the issue would be fixed
    3. Compensation would be given to me , (still waiting)
    4. After updating the Bitdefender Application (Issue still Persists)
    5. After Contacting BD on Phone Support , they assured me a Engineer would be in contact with (This has not happened)
    6. I tried contacting BD again today over Phone , however you guys were not available for further comment.

As Previously said , your Product has not done its duty as Total Security , but rather Total Destruction of my PC's Abilities to behave correctly , and I will be Pushing legal action , with my Litigations Team to seek Court Fees + Legal Costs and a Full Refund.

You Have 14 Days to Repsond to my Email address , to come to a conclusion , Or I will Escalate this Further.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @AdamFromAustralia and thank you for your message.

I understand your frustration and I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly be advised that, our Technical representatives have recently replied to you on the open case.

We would like to let you know that the engineers are still investigating your bug report, and our development team is working on a permanent fix. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Should you have any further questions, please reply to our Support Team directly. This way, it will be easier to track the progress of the investigation by keeping the correspondence in one place.

The engineers will keep you updated on the latest developments and will also provide further assistance, as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Alex