I just started getting Google Chrome McAfee pop ups.
I ran a scan and it found no viruses.
Kindly download and run mcafee product removal tool from https://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/SupportTools/MCPR/MCPR.exe
Also, reset your google chrome browser : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
If the issue persists, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/
(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)
OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)
Hello @Bill58 and welcome to the Community!
Check this thread here, it appears that similar pop-ups have been reported by our members:
I hope this helps.
That happened to me as well. I just exited the browser and restarted it, and then I installed the free Malwarebytes Browser Guard Chrome extension. Not sure if that helped, but I have not seen the pop-up since.
Have a great day.
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
My Sister started to get this. BitDefender totally missed it and couldn't detect it when I ran a scan. I had to follow the instructions on the following link, including downloading and using two other products to get rid of it..... https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-mcafee-critical-virus-alert-popup/#malwarebytes-windows
You should understand that not every vendor can detect each and every bit of malware.
Check if below steps helps you in any way.
1) Restart PC in safe mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234
2) Open run command and run below command one by one:
temp ,delete all the files in the folder
%temp% ,delete all the files in folder
prefetch ,delete all the files in folder
3) Restart your PC in general mode by unticking the option that you selected to run the system in safe mode and then click apply.
4) Reset your browsers:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
Microsoft Edge: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-microsoft-edge/
5) Reset windows host file to default: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default-c2a43f9d-e176-c6f3-e4ef-3500277a6dae
6) Reset your network settings. Open command prompt(cmd) as administrator and type below stated commands one by one and hit enter.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh int ip reset all
netsh winhttp reset proxy
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh int tcp show global
5) Check on the resolution provided by McAfee themselves