Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Malware Webadvisor MacAfee

Hi,

I wonder whether Bitdefender could help me in removing very annoing popup's of malware trying to convince me there is a serious virus threat.

How can I can rid of this

Answers

• Hi there Bitdefender wont stop this type of threat as u have allowed the notifications go to your browser Settings then type Site settings go to the site at the bottom so bestfaustcaptcha.top and press reset on the thing it should remove the threats if it hasn't then u want to go to the other site u find sending the ads and doing the exact same thing i hope this helped if it hasn't then please write a reply here and ill be happy to assist you

Thanks NoriiSun :)

• Hi NoriiSun,

Thanks for your reaction to my question.

I am sorry, but I cannot understand quite well what you are trying to say here; this possibly because we both are non-native English speakers :). Also, please use some interpunction (commas and stops), it would help me a lot to understand your instructions.

Hugo

• Hello @hugo1953_xs4all and welcome to the Community!

It looks like these are notifications triggered by the antivirus, but since you are using a different security solution than Bitdefender, i cannot pronounce myself here. I would recommend you to contact either their Support Teams, or check their knowledge base for articles that may help you customize the notification settings.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi Alexandru,

I use the paid version of Bitdefender only, that is until these irritating pop-up's began to show. If you want, I can provide you with buying details. I can imagine you thought that I am using different software; this is exactly what these pop-up's try to make me think.

I made some screenshots of the pop-up's as per the attached files. As I am trying to get rid of this, I indeed have tried Norton, Malwarebytes and from Microsoft, the Anti Malware Signature Package MSERT (Microsoft Support Emergency Response Tool), all of them did not give any solution.

I am using Windows 10- 64 bits and also FireFox, in here I have removed links to suspiscious websites in the cache, but here also no luck.

So I think I need help :(

• It looks like you have some sort of browser extension from McAfee/Norton.

I would recommend contacting our Support Teams and they will help you remove it.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

And probably you get notifications from various sites as well..

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Ok Alexandru, I'll contact the support team.

Thanks

• Hi there Hugo1953 Please listen to this advice this is a malware known as adware but its just in your browser all you need to do is go to Settings On google then look up Site settings go to recent activity find bestfaustcaptch.com and click on the arrow next to it then you want to go to Reset permissions you might be asking yourself at this point how did this happen it is not that big of a deal all you did is accidently allow a notifcation these notifcations bring up malicious ads then they prompt you to download things to remove those ads i will give you picture by picture steps below

Thanks NoriiSun1