Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

how to remove trojan.genericKD.39121212

Options

I have 3 critical alerts, first time ever Bitdefender has found anything. It can't remove them. It gives the LONG path name and says I need to remove it manually. I follow the path up to a certain point, then the pathway no longer exists in the finder window.

Specifically, it wants me to go to users/myname/Library/Containers/com.apple.safari/data/library/caches (and a TON of other stuff thereafter).

I can get as far as the containers. I can find FOUR com.apple.safari variations:

• com.apple.safari.BrowserDataImportingSercie
  • com.apple.safari.CredentialExtractionHellper
  • com.apple.safariFoundation
  • com.apple.safariPlatformSupport.Helper

But NO "com.apple.safari" exists under containers. I looked at the four existing ones, and their paths do not contain the right folders, so those go no where.

How am I to manually remove files that I can not find? Why can Bitdefender "find" these files but I cannot? Why can bitdefender find them but not remove them?

Thanks for your help!

Robert

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ 

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Robert_Baxter
    edited March 2022
    Options

I did. That is how I got to this page, to communicate with “the experts” (according to the support page).

I looked around the support area and this seemed like the only option for help. Did I miss something? Can you be more specific as to what I am to be looking for on the support page?

if you work for the company, how about some help? The support page led me to creating this post; I am not interested in circular communication that doesn’t resolve the problem. Just sending me back to a generic support page is about the same (to me) as saying you aren’t interested in helping.

when I follow the link you provide, I see a lot of options. So I choose the option for Mac, since that is what I have. Then I get a series of topics/articles to choose from, none apply.

then some videos, then …nothing. So I came here to ask for help.

what more am I to do?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

@Alexandru_BD , @Mike_BD - Please Check

@Robert_Baxter while we do not provide direct email of the support team but since you are unable to get solution via support page, you may drop an email to support team at bitsy@bitdefender.com and they will get back to you in maximum of 48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Robert_Baxter and thank you for reaching out.

I regret the inconvenience you have encountered.

As a valued provider, we strive to provide our customers an unparalleled level of fast and accurate support. The Support Center is updated with the newest virus descriptions and answers to common questions, to help you find relevant solutions in a timely manner. This is the knowledge base that contains articles and common fixes for frequently asked questions and represents the self-service area available for all Bitdefender users.

The Expert Community is an environment where Bitdefender users, enthusiasts and fans can engage, exchange ideas, support eachother and share their knowledge and solutions. It is also a place of ideation and provides valuable feedback to our development teams. In the event a solution is not found in the Community, usually more information is required for troubleshooting, such as logs coming from the product and in some cases, remote intervention must be carried. This will help the engineers obtain a better understanding of the context and the circumstances involved. Such specific operations cannot be carried in the public forum, thus it is recommended to contact the Bitdefender Support Teams, for a detailed investigation.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

To connect to a Technical representative, scroll down to the bottom of the Support Page and choose between the two live channels, chat or phone, or fill in the contact form which will create a ticket for the engineers and this will also provide you with a reference number. The usual response timeframe for an open case varies between 24 to 48 hours, depending on the workload and business hours.

Kindly let us know how it goes and if the situation was resolved in a positive manner.

Thank you @Flexx for bringing this thread to my attention.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user