Trialing Total Security - No anti-virus Panel to configure scans

PublicID
edited March 2022 in Install & Updates

Build 26.0.1.2..56. Unable to configure scan to exclude files (i.e. Malwarebytes)

PDF manual reads (pg 89):

To except specific files and folders from scanning:

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Open.

But there is no AV panel. I am unable to make any settings changes or even see the current settings. There are five: Online Threat protection, Vulnerability, Firewall, Ransomware Remediation, and Antispam

How can I get access to the pane to access AV?

Thanks

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2022

Hello :)

You are on the most current build, so that is correct. But you are also missing two panel options, Antivirus and Advanced Threat Defense.

In my opinion, I would uninstall MB if that was already on your device when you did your initial Total Security install. Then I would run a repair and see where you're at. When you initiate the uninstall, you will be given the option to run a repair (reinstall). If that doesn't work, you may need to do a complete uninstall and reinstall.

As far as MB, some have a differing opinion as far as what should be allowed or not by BD on a install, a repair or running along side of BD, but I will side with what is suggested by the Mod(s) here to hopefully get you up and running.

I included an image of what your Protection panel should look like. I have mine set on Dark mode. Let us know how it goes.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks, Scott.

To be more clear I should have included that I installed BD Total Security after uninstalling Malwarebytes and KAV. This build requires that they are uninstalled. Unable to proceed. I tried putting them to sleep but BD was still not happy. So I uninstalled KAV, Windows complained I am unprotected (as MB is not registered as AV though Windows did recognize it was running (again). So I followed Windows advice and it installed Security Essentials . Note I am first trialing all this on an old Win7 machine before deciding if I want to install BD on my main machine. ) Was not happy to have to be naked while BD was installing especially because cannot disconnect internet after downloading BC (large) installer as it goes and gets more stuff it seems. So have to uninstall MS Security Essentials and MB.

BD Total Security installed and ran a scan (even though Windows advised that BD is reporting it is out of date and to a newbie it is very unclear how to update it [seriously, nothin in the application panel]) So along scan, update, really, really (6 hours) long scan.

So NO other AV was installed when BD was installed. Looks like the BD repair process will uninstall and then re-install. I will consider trying that tomorrow.

I know there is debate on MB running concurrently. When I was using KAV and MB together I had no (known) issue and KAV alerted me a couple of times about web site issues and MB a couple of other times.(Niece no longer uses any of my machines :) SO I anecdotally like running a traditional AV with MB (and have paid for it anyway)

I do appreciate your good reply and the links.