Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Netflix acccess

Options

I know there are already more posts and I know Netflix is blacklisting IPs, but connecting to Netflix in my home country (for shows for my kids) is what I subscribed for. After all, that is what is advertised:

1. "Access geo-restricted content";
  2. "Watch your favorite shows when you are far from home";

Guess I bought a different product than advertised.

Is there any update other than 'we are working on the issue' yet? As I can literally not connect to Netflix when I use the VPN (not to the US, not to my home country NL).

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Martalak and welcome to the Community!

Some websites have implemented a system to detect VPNs and do not load or display errors if the Internet connection is filtered through a VPN.

Our aim is to unblock Netflix US as it is the largest Netflix library holding the most titles, however, we currently do experience an issue at infrastructure level. The developers have made progress and we plan to fix it soon.

Other libraries might work as well but with no guarantee.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• CrA
    Options

I have also problems accessing Netflix and DigiOnline when using Bitdefender VPN when I travel abroad.

In Bucharest I have a Digi subscription and a router with VPN. When I use my own VPN everything is ok.

It is possible that Netflix and DigiOnline to block the IPs that Bitdefender VPN is using?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @CrA and welcome back to the community!

The apps and streaming services that are not listed in the list of services (netflix, hulu, disney+, iplayer, hbo and prime videos) are not "officially" supported with a VPN connection, so if they work, they go by chance and not because our explicit actions to unblock them. As you may know, some platforms have implemented a system to detect VPNs and do not load or display errors if the Internet connection is filtered through a VPN. Digi could be part of the same category, so I can't guarantee it can be accessed with a VPN connection, but you can apply some of the standard troubleshooting steps like:

1. try other servers

2. disable adblocker and antitracker

3. a flushdns

4. try another browser

5. try another device, such as mobile

If these don't make any difference, then it's highly possible that Digi is blocking the VPN connection and there's not much we can do to prevent that.. as far as I'm aware, the Netflix US library should be available with a VPN.

One option may be to change the protocol. Try to set IPsec or Wireguard in the settings of the VPN application. For detailed steps you can consult the thread below:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user