Has Anybody else noticed half price to simply buy a new subscription instead of automatic renewal

I cannot believe this. I have just allowed an automatic renewal of my Bitdefender Total Security Package at a cost of 1399.00 zar. Now i noticed that on THIS bitdefenderes own site i can purchase the same package Bitdefender Total 5 devices 1 year subs for less than half this cost. Why as a lpoyal customer does this happen? I know it says this price is first year only but then i could have used a different email address and got this half price

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@BushveltDave @Alexandru_BD

Hello.

Just noticed that for me it doesn't make any difference between buying new subscription and renew the old subscription.

On February 24, 2022, from Bitdefender global site, i renewed my Bitdefender Total Security 1-year subscription for 10 (ten) devices for only 39.98 EUR.

Today i visited the reneweal page on Bitdefender global site here:

and found out that the renewal of the same 1-year subscription will cost me 89.99 EUR.

So, the discount of 50.01 EUR is not included anymore for the final price.

After that, i visited the Bitdefender global site here:

and found out that a new Bitdefender Total Security 1-year subscription for 10 (ten) devices will also cost me 89.99 EUR.

My question: Why is the discount not included in the renewal price?

Regards and thanks.

• Hello @BushveltDave,

The automatic renewal pricing is not linked to ongoing offers, discounts and promotions available at our official website or at different points of sale throughout our Partner Network and for this reason, we are trying to offer our customers the opportunity to manually renew at favorable prices during the subscription period.

The price at which the auto-renewal is applied can be seen in automatic notifications so that any customer has the opportunity to request either the deactivation of the option, or a more advantageous offer.

In the event you are not satisfied with the renewal price, kindly send us an e-mail at refunds@bitdefender.com within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date. Our colleagues will make the arrangements for you.

@Gjoksi79_ it happened to me a couple of times and after clearing the cache and cookies from my browser, the content was displayed correctly. Does this happen in incognito mode as well?

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

Just to inform you that this doesn't happen in the incognito (private) mode.

When i opened the renewal link in incognito (private) window, i got this:

After that, i clicked on the "Buy Now" button and i got this:

And that offered price is the same price i paid for the renewal on February 24, 2022.

Regards.