Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web security turns off on Oukitel wp15

Options

I granted all permissions, for anti theft and app lock as well, checked battery optimization it's not optimized, granted accessibility access, still gets turned off and I have to turn it manually back on. This phone runs Android 11. Apparently this OS has an aggressive power saver not fully accessible for users. I've cancelled Bitdefender subscription because it's really annoying. Any opinions? Oukitel wp15 Android 11.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

It's not the android 11 OS which has the aggressive power saver functionality, it's your smartphone manufacturer which has aggressive power saver customised into android 11 OS.

I am having samsung smartphone with customized android 12 OS and have no issues using bitdefender.

You should understand that the android OS is developed by google. Google in its own smartphone has stock (orignal) ROM installed. But when the android OS is shared with 3rd party manufacturers like samsung, sony, in your case Oukitel, the manufacturers tweak the android OS as per compatibility for their smartphones. Meaning, the base OS will be android provided by google, but it will be a customized by the respective manufacturers as per the compatibility for their smartphones.

And this power saving mode is also part of the customization that 3rd party manufacturer include in the tweaks for their respective smartphones.

Now, as per your post, if your phone has aggressive power saver option enabled, chances are it can bypass or disable the settings of any application if it goes into power saving mode.

Like in my case, I have samsung and bitdefender installed, when power saver mode is enabled, the samsung force closes all the application that run in the background. This means the tweaks that are made to the android OS by the respective manufacturers have the power to overrule the settings created by any application. Because at last you are installing the application on android OS that has been customized by your manufacturer & in simple words android OS has the upper hand to terminate any application when power saver mode sets in.

The above thing holds true when smartphone goes into power saving mode.

If this is happening in general mode also, then there might be an issue and you need to contact bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• In Oukitel wp15 Bitdefender is THE ONLY app with issues. All other 50 including banking apps are all right. Bitdefender should have a warning about this issue. I paid for it and I can't get a refund. Bottom line, I cannot use this app and there is nothing I can set up to get it working. Very dishonest way of commerce.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @Adrian_Paul_Botta,

Have you also excluded Bitdefender from battery saving settings? You can look through the device battery or power-saving settings to find a method of excluding the Bitdefender app from being closed off, so you can keep Web Protection enabled at all times and browse safely. Unfortunately, I don't have instructions for this phone type, but the exclusion should fix this behavior. We did post an article about this scenario here.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• It's the first thing I've checked. Absolutely ALL the permissions and off on every optimization battery list.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Since you have already gone through all the resolutions and continue facing the issue, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I've reinstalled the app. I gave carefully all the permissions it asks from the beginning. So far it works. I've contacted Bitdefender. They were rising their shoulders emailing me after all the print screens I've sent that unfortunately Bitdefender will not work properly on my phone. I hope my subscription payment went properly into their account. Anyway, I'm waiting to see if web security turns off again. It's on now for about five hours now after reinstallation. Thanks for your support.