Bitdefender Mobile Security on android

Clarice
Clarice
edited May 2022 in Mobile Security

Does Bitdefender scan for spyware? Is that the category shown as "Hidden" under Start Scan?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022

Bitdefender for android will scan for all types of android malware (ransomware, riskware, spyware, keyloggers, trojans, pup, pua, adware, rootkits)

Bitdefender for android is developed to only scan android applications and any file that may be available on your smartphone with the extension .apk, other than this, no other files will be scanned.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ana02301

Hello, spammer, it's you again. You never quit, do you? :) You supposed to be already banned!

• Do Bitdefenders scans for malware include rootkits in android?

• Flexx

Below is the list category that bitdefender for android detects.

Rootkits detection come under malware category.

Regards

• Yes, thank you. I saw that Bitdefender Mobile Security scans apps for malware. However, the reason I asked specifically about rootkit detection in Mobile Security's malware scanning is because I have Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows laptop. If I look at the scan details of a quick scan on my laptop, Total Security specifically shows a Quick Scan performed on request in Total Security does NOT include scanning for detection of rootkits. In contrast, if I request a "System Scan" (which understandably takes much longer) on my laptop, the Total Security detailed scan result log then shows that scanning for rootkits WAS included. Since I don't see any detailed scan logs when running the only available scan in Mobile Security, I was seeking assurance that the "default" scan in Mobile Security is a deeper scan that includes detection of malware of a rootkit nature. I am sorry my question wasn't more precise, but perhaps you can understand why I wasn't sure that a general statement that Mobile Security scans apps for malware necessarily means rootkit detection was included in that scan. Perhaps a better wording of my question would have been: Is the scan process in Mobile Security the equivalent of a Quick Scan or a System Scan in Total Defender?

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

You can not compare the scanning methodologies of total security with mobile security. Both products are made different and scan different areas whether it be a quick scan or a full scan.

There is no quick scan or full scan in bitdefender mobile security for android.

Bitdefender mobile security for android only scans for the installed applications and any setup file of .apk extension present on your device storage (if any). It does not scans for android system files.

If any type of malware is found in android system files, there is no way to remove the malware since the file belongs to android OS and OS have upper hand over the 3rd party applications.

If you need more information regarding the mobile security for android, you can drop an email directly to bitdefender mobile support team at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards